Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Creative Lead, Art, Campaigns will report to the Director, Brand Creative and be based in the United States (see details below). They will be responsible for leading full-scale integrated campaigns from concept to completion, helping to raise the bar of creative excellence in our team.
Airbnb is looking for a driven and inspirational creative leader to join the Creative Team, our internal, multi-disciplinary team of creatives. Across design, copywriting, photography, film/tv, experiential, social and interactive disciplines, this team stewards the Airbnb brand and focuses on creating meaningful engagements between our brand and rapidly-growing extended community. We are a global team, connected to every department in the company as well as to outside agencies, production companies and creatives. Together with these partners, we develop concrete, creative solutions to sometimes vague or ambiguous problems.
Frequently acting as the senior creative leader of an integrated project team, you effectively communicate with fellow team members and other partners within Airbnb, strategically multi-task, and proactively solve problems, all while meeting tight production deadlines. You make decisions confidently and quickly, in an effort to support Airbnb’s creative vision. You will be working daily in collaboration with Creative Leadership, Production Leads, Marketing Leadership, and Program Managers, to create advertising concepts in a demanding, fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate has a portfolio of varied work with demonstrated success building brands, particularly lifestyle brands.
- This is a hands-on as well as strategic role to lead and create best-in-class creative brand campaigns, conceptualization and execution of creative solutions alongside a Creative Lead, Copy partner. This includes generating big creative ideas and executing work on their own, as well as managing and approving the work of their assigned creative team.
- Mentor junior creatives, guiding them to generate a wide range of concepts, high-level design and art direction, providing evaluation, mentorship, and counsel.
- Foster a respectful and collaborative environment.
- Define and develop creative best practices to create compelling, conceptual visual brand campaigns.
- Help ensure quality visual/art direction production and effective communication with creative teammates, agency partners, production companies, and external clients.
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience leading global brand campaigns, preferably a mix of advertising agency, creative studio, and in-house experience.
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating best-in-class campaign work.
- Demonstrated success in leading multiple cross-media campaigns.
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills, leading and participating whenever needed.
- Experience collaborating closely with Brand Management teams. Ability to translate market research, data, and strategy to creative solutions.
- Flexible and dependable.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically, concept through execution.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills—you can effectively communicate and passionately defend decisions both internally and to clients.
- Empathy for the customer, and empathy for individuals on a creative team.
- Passionate about Airbnb’s mission and purpose.
A CURRENT PORTFOLIO OF WORK IS REQUIRED FOR EACH APPLICANT.
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
The starting base pay for this role is between $155,000 and $195,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.