ClassDojo’s goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As a staff data scientist, you’ll partner closely with our co-founders and Head of Product to work on the most important strategic questions that span the company. These questions can range from identifying new revenue opportunities to helping the company figure out how to accelerate growth internationally. But you’ll be the one driving which questions we need to focus on.
As a staff data scientist you’ll also be expected to help create a world class data team by mentoring other data scientists, showing what great data work looks like, and enabling a data driven culture.
You will be a match if:
- You have at least 5 years of data science experience.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have been working as a senior/staff data scientist for 3+ years and you have 7+ years of experience in data science at a consumer company, ideally with a focus on an ecosystem team/cross company initiatives or an early product launch team
- You have experience with mentoring other data scientists (oftentimes them also senior data scientists) and you have experience-based opinions about how a world class data science team should operate and can identify and implement best practices at scale
- You are able to take complicated problems and boil them down to their simplest components
- You have great business / product judgment
- You have the ability to write structured and efficient SQL queries on large data sets
- You have experience designing AB/multivariate tests and drawing actionable conclusions
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have a curious mind
- You have an inclination to move surprisingly fast