GitLab’s DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Product Marketing Managers at GitLab have a unique opportunity to contribute to our mission:
To change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute. When everyone can contribute, consumers become contributors, and we greatly increase the rate of human progress.
Product Marketing Managers at GitLab help tell the story about the value of how GitLab helps to unlock the potential of sharing and contribution. As a Product Marketing Manager, you understand our customers, our community, and the challenges they face. You write about their story and help them understand how GitLab can help them become the heroes they really are.
We work in a unique way at GitLab, where flexibility meets a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open. We recommend looking at our product marketing handbook to get started!
What you’ll do in this role
- Develop and implement GTM strategies and campaigns in partnership with sales, growth, digital, and content marketing.
- Research and support pricing and packaging decisions in order to meet market demands and needs.
- Define and lead market research projects into specific market segments.
- Research and define our enterprise buyer and user personas, their specific needs, pain points, and goals that we can help address.
- Research, document, and operationalize particular customer use cases and problems that GitLab solves.
- Identify and define the key value drivers which differentiate GitLab in the market.
- Partner with sales, product management, customer success, and engineering teams to refine and evolve our product roadmap.
- Develop product marketing collateral such as website pages, blogs, white papers, webinars, videos, decks, and data sheets supporting the buyer’s journey communicating the value of GitLab.
- Participate and contribute to field and industry events as a GitLab evangelist and thought leader.
- Develop and deliver product, market, and industry-specific enablement to the GitLab sales team and partners.
- Create campaign messaging and content as required to support ongoing marketing initiatives.
- Develop relationships with analysts and regularly brief them about GitLab’s unique value proposition.
- Document and demonstrate GitLab value in analyst market research reports.
- Support the development of customer case studies and webinars that help to demonstrate the value of GitLab for our customers.
- Participate and support win/loss analysis to understand why we win, where we win, who to target, and what to avoid.
- Support research into competitive threats and challenges to understand how to position GitLab in a rapidly changing market.
- Research and track overarching market trends and patterns.
We’re looking for
- At least 6 years enterprise software marketing experience, including 4 within product marketing.
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially in large enterprise environments.
- Extensive experience in at least one of the following domains/areas (portfolio management, requirements management, agile project management, source code management, continuous integration, quality management, application security, continuous delivery, containers, kubernetes, release management, or application performance monitoring)
- Outstanding English communication skills to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and iterate and deliver in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven experience being self-directed and working with minimal supervision.
- Data-driven, use data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience.
- You share our values and work according to those values.
- This role will require travel, please review our current travel policy and guidance to ensure you are comfortable with the requirements.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.