Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by experienced professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and building their careers.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to become an important part of our Emerging Business team, focused on Business Development partnerships. You’ll work with an accomplished team, creating user-centric experiences that help our world class partners to tap into freelance talent. The team is building Upwork’s distribution and technology partnerships program from the ground up. You’ll contribute to experiences that help partners use independent talent to unlock new value for their customers.
You will help define the future of our partnership program, unlocking value for both Upwork and our partners. You will work with a tight-knit team and partner with design, product, business development, and engineering partners. You will also collaborate with analytics, legal, and marketing as needed.
- Collaborate with user researchers, product managers, data scientists, developers, and other designers to frame problems and take ideas from brainstorming through implementation
- Demonstrate high quality design practices by ensuring decisions are made with appropriate user insight and follow existing UX/UI systems while making well-informed decisions to create new patterns
- Lead projects through an end to end design process: research, brainstorming, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, launch and testing.
- Build a variety of design assets to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Work with developers to deliver a polished final product
- Mentor members of the design team
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Demonstrated ability in industry experience as a UX designer dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched desktop or mobile applications
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience required
- Experience creating experiences across multiple channels with an emphasis on mobile
- Must be self-motivated, excellent communicator, as comfortable taking direction as you are giving it
- Able to successfully lead all aspects of a project from start to finish
- Experience in a distributed team environment
- ***Portfolio is required***
How to really knock our socks off:
- Case studies that demonstrate your focus with rock solid design solutions for mobile
- Experience working with and using data science to create stronger and more relevant user experiences
- Experience working with external partners and stakeholders
- Strong work ethic with the drive and willingness to focus and commit
- A passionate advocate for creating high-quality designs that deliver memorable experiences that users will love.
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $105,000 – $168,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.