What you’ll be doing
- You will form part of our growing and “EPAD” Organization that includes Engineering, Product, Analytics and Design functions.
- You will partner with senior designers, engineers, product managers and other cross-functional peers to oversee the user experience from idea to market.
- You will present and communicate your designs to the team and the greater organization to build consensus around your concepts.
- You will create wire-frames, beautiful mockups, amazing prototypes, and help implement your designs to pixel perfection.
- You will test, learn, and iterate on everything you do alongside product peers.
- You will meaningfully contribute, maintain and commit to our Design System library.
What you should have
- You have 4+ years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products.
- You have a high level of skill at crafting high quality visual designs and have an eye for creating delight in every product experience.
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer contributing to high impact projects for both desktop and mobile.
- You have meaningfully worked on, or with a design system.
- You proactively form ideas and present them to your cross-functional team to develop strategy and roadmaps.
- You collaboratively guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations.
- Interface animation know-how
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $178,000 to $192,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!