After becoming the #1 most downloaded travel app in the US, Hopper is setting its sights on becoming #1 in Europe. We’re looking for a full-stack Growth Manager to spearhead efforts across User Acquisition, CRM, Lifecycle, and other incentives. Overall, you’ll be the primary person responsible for the activation, retention, and engagement of our European users.
What you’ll do:
- Increase sales and revenue: a market, and therefore its Growth Manager, is only successful if it contributes to our business objectives.
- Execute campaigns across all growth channels
- Devise and work with our engineering and design teams to implement flash sales, dynamic discounts, referral programs, social commerce, gamification, and other product growth initiatives.
- Understand, prioritize and localize existing growth mechanisms already delivered by the US team.
- Re-engage our European users through push notifications, SMS, and email campaigns.
- Establish paid influencer and social campaigns that promote these initiatives (flash sales, referral programs, etc.).
- Develop and execute short and long-term growth plans.
- Drive the immediate impact of our growth in Europe, while laying the foundations to become the number 1 travel company on the continent.
What we look for:
- Proven track record of growing a consumer-focused company
- Extensive experience with a variety of growth marketing channels and product growth strategies
- Ability to drill down and execute hands-on, while setting strategy and vision for the long-term roadmap
- Technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists.
- Ability to operate at a full-stack level, as needed, to ensure you can dig deep enough to understand the first principles of what makes us successful.
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to unravel complex problems by drilling down into data in a methodical way. SQL experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing skills to build compelling business cases both in person and in writing.
- No ego.
- Strong focus on doing what is right for the client and the business.
- Strong bias for action
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
– Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
– The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
– According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
– Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
– The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
– Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
– Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!