Hummingbird is a remote-first, fully distributed team united by the shared mission of helping fight financial crime. Since our launch in 2017, we’ve helped major financial institutions and tech-savvy trailblazers alike (e.g. Stripe, Affirm, etc.) orchestrate their compliance programs through our thoughtfully designed, intuitive SaaS product. We believe finding and stopping financial crime is a problem rooted in code, language and design, so we built the product that the heroes doing this work deserve.
We are customer-obsessed, and we love building and shipping great products. We set a high bar, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do our best work.
About the Role
As a Product Marketing Manager at Hummingbird, you will sit at the center of the organization – you’ll collaborate across virtually all teams to deliver high-quality messaging that communicates the value of new or enhanced functionality.
We are a tight-knit group that believes in thoughtful planning and delivery over chaos and reactionary decisions. As a product marketing manager, you thrive on collaborating to achieve meaningful results. You love honing in on the details and producing content in various forms that helps customers get the most out of our products and services.
What you’re looking to do:
- Ideate, plan and execute go-to-market launches of new features with a cross-functional team, understanding that internal activities are just as important as external-facing activities.
- Deliver high-quality, concise messaging – everything from customer case studies to blogs to go-to-market materials – to help our customers understand how Hummingbird works and what our specific value-add is.
- Become a product expert by deeply understanding the Hummingbird platform and our industry landscape. You’ll stay aware of competitor moves and industry shifts that could influence our product growth and positioning.
- Orchestrate thoughtful and effective planning, with a bias towards action and getting stuff done. You’ll lead product demos, interview customers for case studies, or maybe even read every comment online to truly understand the impact of customer problems.
- Lead with empathy, because you know this results in more thoughtful, impactful messaging and crafting content that brings real value to our customers and the broader industry.
- You love working on engaging brands with for-human marketing. You have experience in product marketing, ideally specifically in the B2B SaaS world.
- You are customer focused. You value research and talking to customers, and use these insights to inform cross-functional efforts that help users get more value out of Hummingbird.
- Building customer-facing assets that are polished, visually balanced, and consistent with Hummingbird’s brand sounds exciting to you. You have an eye for design, and enjoy collaborating with designers to bring projects from conception to completion.
- You’re a storyteller and superb communicator. You create highly effective content—guides, demo videos, emails, blogs, collateral, internal docs, and other go-to-market materials—with crisp, vivid prose.
- Data excites you. You like digging into data and insights, and you pair that with your passion for how to best bring our products to market.
- Bonus: Experience in fintech startups, financial compliance, or anti-fraud practice areas.
- Bonus: Light video editing skills with experience producing short how-to videos (scripting, editing, publishing).
What’s in it for you:
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company, so you will have an opportunity to help shape the future of Hummingbird.
- Competitive compensation including cash and equity.
- Remote-first, fully distributed company with flexible working hours.
- Awesome health, vision & dental benefits, and 401k.
- Safe, respectful & comfortable work environment with colleagues and leadership who prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to request accommodation.