Thanks for checking out our job posting for the role of Product Manager at PerchPeek. You’ve already taken a tiny step towards being a part of our team – huzzah!
We know that taking your next career step is as exciting as it can be scary. So, with that in mind, we’ve tried to keep our description simple and bull***t free to help you decide if PerchPeek and this role are a good match for you. We’ve tried to avoid using too many clichés but sometimes they sum it up nicely, so you’ll just have to wince and forgive us.
Who is PerchPeek?
Have you ever relocated before? Did you manage to do it worry and stress free (no eye rolling or swearing!)? Or if you haven’t ever relocated, how do you feel about the prospect of figuring it all out on your own? Finding a new home, sorting out shipping your stuff, organizing utilities and bank accounts etc… The list of things to think about goes on and on. No matter where in the world you go, relocating is a crappy process that’s always time intensive and stressful. PerchPeek was conceived to change that.
PerchPeek’s aim is to guide people through every stage of their relocation. Our product is a delightful combination of content, tech, customer success & partnerships which work together to make moving simpler, faster, more secure and even enjoyable.
We’re at the forefront of changes to the workplace as knowledge workers have greater freedom to relocate than ever before. However, 95% of the people relocating around the world (c. 80 million annually) currently receive no (effective) support when moving and we are building a product to support this blue ocean of unsupported people. Over the past 18 months we’ve grown incredibly quickly, launching in 30+ countries, growing from 6 to 100+ people and raised both our Seed and Series A rounds from top US and European VC funds – Albion VC, Episode 1 and Stage 2 Capital. (Normal startup protocol would dictate that we put a rocket emoji in at this point, but we promised minimal cliches so… 🎈🎈).
What will you be responsible for as a Product Manager?
- Product backlog – you’ll be in charge of creating product initiatives, iterating and delivering digital products in line with our product and company vision
- Product collaboration – you’ll be responsible for ensuring that your team gathers sufficient insight both internally (Ops, Content, Tech, Partnerships) & externally (customers, clients) to feed into the product backlog development
- Product discovery – you’ll be in charge of working with relocators, relocation coaches and sales to understand which problems to solve next
- Solving problems – you’ll be in charge of building the platform that’s currently helping thousands of people relocate and will be helping hundreds of thousands over the next few years. You’ll be an advocate for relocators and ensure a strong focus on solving their pain points
- Stakeholder management – you’ll be in charge of communicating with stakeholders across the whole organization
- Solid understanding of product development process and methodologies
- Technical literacy – so you can work effectively with the engineering team
- 3 years+ as a Product Manager or Product Owner, ideally at Start-ups/Scale-ups
- Passionate about problem solving and delivering working solutions – you have a pragmatic and outcomes driven approach to product development
- Customer obsession – this is our number one value, you always put the user needs in the center of everything you do
- Data literacy – you are expected to make decisions based on data and insights and communicate your product development outcomes in a quantitative manner
- Energetic and enthusiastic – if that’s not your personality, you won’t be able to keep up with the fast paced environment of PerchPeek!
Note: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability – we want to hear from you. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
- Company options – most of our packages include valuable employee options so that you can own part of PerchPeek too
- Work from anywhere – PerchPeek is a Remote First company that allows employees to work wherever they feel comfortable. Everyone gets an allowance to ensure their working environment suits them – wherever in the world you’d like that to be!
- Uncapped holidays so that when you’re working you’re charged up bringing your all
- Annual learning & development budget – so you can get some structured and proactive growth outside of your core role
- Recharge days – take a day off to recharge, no questions asked.
- External mental health support access – because we can’t always all be on our A game and that’s ok.
- Annual reTREAT and regular socials – or time spent turning colleagues into friends (corny but we don’t care)
- PerchMerch – Free stuffed Perchies (parrots) and other delightful items
If there’s something else you need support on, we’re open to discussions too.
Ready to be a Perchy?
Then please share your CV asap! If it’s a fit, you can expect the following recruitment process:
- Screening call (30 min)
- Call with hiring manager (1hr)
- Product challenge – panel interview (live product challenge to solve 1.5 hrs)
- Culture fit interview (30 min)
All interviews will take place via video call.
We hope you’re as excited to apply as we are to hear from you – good luck!