We’re looking for a passionate and dedicated Growth Marketing Operations Manager to join the Spotify Advertising marketing team. You will work within the paid media growth team to implement and optimize advertising campaigns using first-party data and various ad platforms and tracking tools. You’ll have the opportunity to build ground breaking tracking and attribution infrastructure from the ground up. You will collaborate with internal media data and tech teams as well as external ad partners to implement solution integrations for performance media platforms and growth marketing strategies. This role requires technical expertise in pixel integrations, website tagging, server-side tracking, and staying up to date with omnichannel cross-device measurement best practices.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as technical expert, primary system administrator, and day-to-day manager of key marketing technology systems (e.g., GA4, Google Tag Manager, mParticle). This includes scoping, testing, deploying, maintaining, and detailing scalable technical solutions across different ad platforms and tools.
- Implement Google Analytics (GA4) and Google Tag Manager to their full potential, ensuring accurate and comprehensive data collection through tracking codes, tagging, and pixels across multiple channels and platforms.
- Develop and implement Server-Side Tracking in partnership with external vendors, establishing secure connections between BigQuery (BQ) or GA4 and ad platforms to ensure data accuracy and privacy compliance in the era of cookieless tracking.
- Implement CAPI (Meta Client-Side API) and BQML (BigQuery Machine Learning) to improve data analysis, value-based bidding, and optimization for advertising campaigns.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity across the Spotify Advertising marketing team tech stack.
- Configure and streamline our customer data platform (CDP), mParticle, by connecting various data sources, including first-party audience attributes, and enabling cross-channel tracking for valuable audience insights.
- Map the comprehensive customer journey in GA4, including interactions across all marketing channels, devices, and browsers, while integrating server-side tracking with website conversions and business data.
- Build a robust cross-device measurement and attribution solution in partnership with the analytics team and third-party partners using server-side tracking, capturing data from all ad platforms, including mobile-first platforms like Meta and LinkedIn Ads, to ensure accurate customer journey mapping.
- Develop strategies to effectively collect, coordinate, and activate first-party data for targeting and personalization. Improving the use of audience attributes, cross-device tracking, and multichannel tracking.
- Implement campaigns across paid social platforms (LinkedIn Ads, Meta, etc) and paid search (Google, Microsoft).
- Participate in internal campaign and marketing strategy planning.
Who You Are
- A min of 4+ years of experience in performance marketing and operations, ideally in a high-volume B2B environment.
- Experience in managing Google Analytics (GA4) and Google Tag Manager to ensure accurate data collection across multiple channels and platforms is required
- Proficiency in advanced analytics techniques including CAPI (Client-Side API) and BQML (BigQuery Machine Learning) is required
- Experience in implementing server-side tracking for advanced data analysis, value-based bidding, and campaign optimization.
- Collaborative mentality with proven track record to effectively communicate and translate sophisticated technical concepts to business stakeholders across the organization.
- Strong understanding of analytics platforms, data management, tracking technologies, and ad platform integrations.
- Experience in developing measurement and attribution solutions using server-side tracking across multiple ad platforms, including mobile-first platforms like Meta and LinkedIn Ads.
- Solid understanding of Google Ads and paid social ad platforms and fluent in campaign analysis and reporting.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
Where You’ll Be
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- While we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the EST time zone for collaboration.
The United States base range for this position is $116,455 to $166,364, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.