Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We’re an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world’s most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
This position is approved for remote work in the following states only: WA, WI, TX, MT, and FL.
Who we’re looking for:
Rover has seen tremendous growth and success over its ten-year history, including our entry into the public markets in the summer of 2021. We are seeking an experienced leader, reporting to both the CFO and the Audit Committee, to direct our internal audit function and build out a high-performing team of auditors. The primary responsibility of this role would be to lead our SOX compliance program, initially directing a team of outsourced internal auditors and then managing the transition to an in-house testing team, and to coordinate the company’s response to external audit requirements under SOX s404(b). Over time, we expect the internal audit function to take on additional responsibilities including, but not limited to, business and IT risk assessments, business process reviews and other compliance audits. The role will require deep expertise in SOX compliance and auditing, the ability to understand and assess risk within a complex IT environment, and sophisticated project management skills. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and effective communicator, has strong organizational and analytical skills, thrives on the opportunity to work with a large and diverse set of stakeholders, and is able to balance objective assessment with constructive feedback for stakeholders.
- 10+ years experience in internal audit and risk management, with recent experience in a senior level audit leadership role within a publicly traded company or Big 4 accounting firm
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in accounting or business-related field; CIA, CPA , CISA or other relevant professional certification expected
- Practical knowledge of and experience with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations) control framework
- Ability to establish strategies, build plans and develop/manage a team of auditors
- Excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders across the business and to present findings effectively to senior leadership and directors
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various levels of the organization (up to and including executives and directors), service providers, and vendors
- Problem solver who loves to continuously learn and who isn’t afraid to take on new challenges, while knowing when to ask for help
- Results-oriented, with a track record of scaling, leading, and driving improvements
- Oversee the development and execution of the company’s SOX compliance program, including the identification of in-scope processes/systems and the design of the annual testing cycle
- Manage our existing outsourced internal auditors while building out a team of in-house auditors, then coordinate the transition from the outsourced to the in-house model
- Act as the key point of contact for the company’s external auditors and process owners on all matters related to SOX compliance, including evaluation and resolution of identified control deficiencies
- Coordinate with IT leadership & GRC on the design, implementation and evaluation of IT general and automated system controls, configurations and key reports
- Report on the status of our SOX compliance program to senior leadership and the Audit Committee, including evaluation of identified control deficiencies
- Prepare periodic risk assessments, identify areas of opportunity for improvements in processes and controls, and provide appropriate training to internal stakeholders
- As necessary, plan and execute audit procedures to assess compliance with PCI-DSS, GDPR, and other regulations (aside from SOX) that might be applicable to the company
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1,000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to COVID-19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.