At GitLab, we are fundamentally changing the way our customers get their software to market by putting the entire DevOps lifecycle into a single application. With over 100,000 organizations using the product GitLab is one of the fastest growing companies in technology. Our customer success teams are responsible for ensuring that our customers are wildly successful in achieving their business outcomes with the GitLab product as they move to truly modern DevOps. A complete long-term engagement of planning, strategy, coaching, services and relationship building ensures our customers exceed their goals and digitally transform. We know that our customers trust GitLab to take their ideas all the way from plan to shipped product in production and we don’t take that responsibility lightly. We have an incredible existing, and rapidly growing, customer base, with a passionate, supportive open-source community and incredibly talented teams located in 40 countries focused on supporting them.
The Sales Operations Analyst will help to support the Field organization by optimizing critical business processes, productivity tools and ensuring consistency as we scale our WW Field Teams. This requires collaboration with cross-functional departments and leveraging systems for all related business processes. The candidate must be extremely well organized, analytical, detailed-oriented and quality-minded. You bring your sales support and operations knowledge to help drive innovative solutions and optimize field effectiveness. In particular, have experience in supporting opportunity management from creation to close and a firm understanding of associated tools and systems. This is a great opportunity to support a fast growing company where your responsibilities will increase exponentially with your ability. The role will support the vision of GitLab’s sales leadership team and will report to the VP of Field Operations.
- Own the evaluation, creation and maintenance of our sales territories to support growth and success across our Sales teams and working with Sales Leaders to iterate
- Provide first-tier support for any end-user technical or process questions in Salesforce and other systems primarily managed by Sales Operations
- Work within our growing Field Operations team as a utility player: systems + process + business
- Serve as a power-user of our Salesforce instance and complete the usual tasks of which include field creation, layout modifications
- Identify opportunities for process automation and optimization, with a focus on scalability and driving significant enterprise growth
- Develop best practices that align sales data quality with company initiatives
- Monitor system adoption and data compliance and governance
- Deliver basic reporting and analysis of sales KPIs
- Work with Sales Managers to increase forecast accuracy and integrity of pipeline
- Document any process changes to our Sales Handbook
- 4+ years in a sales operations capacity, preferably for SaaS companies with a solid understanding of the subscription business model.
- Spreadsheet black belt and feel comfortable manipulating/analyzing large datasets
- Highly adept at Salesforce administration (some might call you an SFDC ninja).
- Self starter without the need for micro-management We’re a distributed (ie, remote) company, so you’ll need to be focused enough to complete deliverables without any managerial oversight.
- Comfortable communicating over multiple channels: video calls, Slack, email, GitLab issues
- Ability to move fast and juggle multiple projects- all while keeping very close attention to detail.
- Deliver what you can and believe in iteration as a lifestyle, don’t get bogged down on a single project.
- Experience supporting 50+ Salesforce users at some point in your sales operations career. Bonus points if you’ve scaled to 200+ users.
- Familiarity with (or at least are aware of) Marketo, Zuora, Clari, Datafox
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.