The Global Nielsen Media Client Service & Sales team provides modern and effective services that meet client needs quicker, while giving Nielsen more control over how we service our clients. We will create capacity to elevate the work we do with clients to focus on market impact and business growth. We are at the forefront of customer experience and become an agent of change as we embrace automation to navigate the complex needs of our industry and continue to be the industry leader
Data and Insights Analyst – Remote (Preferred L.A. or NY)
Description of Role:
Here’s your chance to be a key player on the NFL and NFL Media research team. The Media Research Analyst will provide the NFL with value-added consumption analyses and insights to inform business decisions. They will act as a Nielsen subject matter expert to address NFL client questions and concerns. The role is a part of a two+ year rotational program.
- Analyze, prepare, and distribute custom media reporting for the NFL.
- Work with NFL’s programming, production, sales, and marketing teams to provide data and insights in support of NFL Media TV and Digital performance.
- Conduct competitive evaluations of the evolving sports and media landscape.
- Forecast NFL Network performance for sales and marketing.
- Evolve report automation and related IT relationship/database management
High Level Responsibilities
- Establish best-in-class practices for reporting, data accuracy and representation.
- Ensure the NFL Media Reporting & Analytics team goals are being met
- Clear and efficient communication.
- Ability to adapt to evolving circumstances, problem solving.
- Teamwork and collaboration. Professionalism. Attention to detail
Additional Skills / Experience
- Min. 1-3-years experience in media research, television preferred.
- Remote work – though close to LA/NYC is a plus.
- Strong computer skills including excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with Nielsen tools such as NPower, NNTV, NCL, or ability to learn quickly.
- Experience with data visualization tools, including PowerBI, Tableau, etc; or ability to learn tools quickly.
- Knowledge and passion for sports and entertainment, interest in the NFL/NFLN is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship skills with ability to adapt to different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of providing strategic thinking to internal stakeholders, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving, and responding to opportunities and challenges with the ability to translate into practical plans of action.
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate effectively and persuasively, including ability to present in a sales environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple activities, prioritize and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment