Hi! Before diving into the job details, let’s give you some context on who we are and what to expect when joining the team.
Typeform has seen significant change since it was founded 10 years ago. We’re expanding from a small Barcelona-based business to a truly international and remote company. Our vision is a world of more personal business relationships. We believe we can create that world by living our mission: To bring people closer with better conversations.
To do so, we look for people who are curious, ready to own their objectives, and passionate about taking organizations to their next chapter. But we are aware it’s not for everyone, our environment is perfect for those willing to become a change agent and roll up their sleeves to build our rocket ship.
About the team
Reporting into the Head of Customer Support, you will be part of our global team based across the States and Europe. You’ll be directly managing a distributed team of 10 people working closely with the product, growth, and support managements teams. You’ll be part of a dynamic and versatile product makes a fast-paced and ever-exciting environment that’s balanced with down-to-earth and authentic team energy.
About the Role
We are on the search for people who love helping others use our Typeform product in the best way possible. Someone who is empathetic and wants to work collaboratively as part of a team to create a remarkable customer experience as our product and processes evolve. Someone who doesn’t have all the answers yet, but really wants to learn.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
Things you will do:
- Monitor & manage team performance, productivity, and service levels on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with Support Management, Services, and Talent team to ensure staffing aligns to forecasted volume
- Contribute to quality review sessions with team members. Review and improve existing policies to scale up on existing quality standards
- Be a conduit of effective communication and bridge timezone gaps (support coverage, async communication)
- Encourage and ensure best practices for customer support interactions by delivering a consistent ticket handling process
- Meet regularly and conduct regular feedback and coaching sessions
- Serve as an “outlet valve” for support tickets; willing and able to manage escalations and to jump in and handle tickets along with your team when required
- Assist in building internal knowledge base + documenting processes for billing/technical/product questions/troubleshooting
- Drive a culture of efficiency by working with Services to ensure processes are clear and we’re maximizing our tools & technology
- Be the voice of the customer in the Support team working closely with other Customer Engagement teams, Product, and Marketing to implement insights and product improvements
- Deep understanding of team strategy and strives for ways to achieve goals and priorities by level of impact while maintaining an employee-centric culture and leading with values
- Plan initiatives to empower the team to transition into more of a proactive solution function
- Build and drive activities and mentorship that up-skill the team and performance
- Set clear performance objectives and visibility to individual and team performance helping them develop their skills and achieve their goals.
What you already bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience building support teams at scale to drive overall success and engagement
- Experience working in fast-growth SaaS companies
- Experience with team management in remote and asynchronous environments
- Leadership skills, knows how to give hard feedback keeping people in mind. Working with them on improving and bringing them to the next level, giving hard feedback.
- Comfortable working and leading global teams at the same time as building them up being a key hiring stakeholder
- Solid knowledge and managing based on operational KPI’s, resolution, C-sat, NPS, attrition,… to improve team performance
- Coaching and having hard employee conversations
- Experience defining and implementing quality monitoring metrics
- Performance-based metrics, actively participate in monthly MBRs
- Team meetings, evaluate the performance of the entire team
- Creating a fun environment and engaging the team on a regular basis
- A commitment to improve your customer service skills on an ongoing basis
- Experience with Zendesk
- Experience building up a support team from scratch
- Worked on an early-stage product
- Experience working in a Typeform specialty team
To fulfill our vision (Bring people in) and mission (To bring people closer with better conversations), our 500 remote Typeformers from 55 different countries come together to live up and deliver on that promise.
In addition to being a validation of what we’ve built, our recent $135 million Series C funding round will fuel us to accelerate our product development, nurture emerging technologies, expand headcount, and deepen strategic partnerships across our platform with this investment.
Why? Simply because 89% of companies say online is their principal customer interaction channel.
Yet, only 34% of companies treat customers as unique individuals.
Are you ready to join us and make a difference?
* Typeform drives hundreds of millions of interactions per year, powering conversational, human-led experiences all over the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We believe that by celebrating our differences, we can win together.