Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a copywriter to join our Editorial and Content team. You’ll work within our Brand Experience group and collaborate with the Design and Product Marketing teams. Our ideal candidate has a writing background in digital content with proven experience crafting effective, on-brand marketing and sales copy. You should be passionate about content of all forms and show an interest in learning how we can best meet the needs of growing businesses. You should be ready to create sharp, engaging content that conveys the value of Mailchimp, charts a compelling journey for our audience, and helps business owners become better marketers. This is a great opportunity to shape the experience our customers have with the Mailchimp brand.
What you’ll do here:
- You will write appealing short-form product feature copy, marketing copy, social copy, emails, and more in response to strategic needs
- Work with other writers, editors, and content designers to brainstorm, edit, and improve copy based on data and stakeholder feedback
- Adhere and contribute to Mailchimp’s style guide to help maintain and evolve the brand voice and tone
- Build relationships with internal and external teams to produce quality digital content that attracts prospects and converts them into customers
- Work with content designers to improve the performance of content over time
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand our customers’ pain points, needs, and challenges
- Perform editorial quality assurance on deliverables
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong portfolio of engaging work and bold copy
- 4+ years professional writing experience (digital content, product copy, marketing and sales collateral, etc.) in the technology space; SaaS and eCommerce industries are a plus
- You’ve worked on complex projects with cross-functional teams
- You’ve worked on web overhaul/redesign initiatives
- You’ve worked in a brand-focused environment
- You have a proven ability to meet deadlines and work with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have an awareness and understanding of content’s role in strategic business goals
- You understand Mailchimp as a brand and product
- You have the ability to ideate interesting, meaningful content for Mailchimp’s audience
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!