Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
The VP of Growth Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing our growth strategy across the customer journey from acquisition through retention for our consumer and B2B product offerings. You will build, optimize and drive efficiency and effectiveness of the customer funnel by setting the roadmap and through constant testing. You will lead a team of marketers focused on digital marketing channels (SEM, Affiliate, display, etc.), web (including SEO), and CRM channels (email, chat), and you’ll look to expand into new channels as you spot untapped opportunities. As the leader, you will identify opportunities across the team to drive growth and own setting key performance targets, forecasting and reporting on results.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What you can expect:
- Lead growth marketing strategy across acquisition channels: digital marketing (SEM, Affiliate, display, etc.), web (including SEO), app stores, CRM (email, chat), non-digital (e.g. OOH) for B2C and B2B businesses
- Own achievement of business-critical KPIs related to growth (volume, retention, conversion, LTV/CAC, ROAS) and regularly report to executives on performance and ROI
- Build strong foundation for each channel that is data-driven and customer-centric, and supports ongoing business needs while also maintaining our highest standards around privacy and security
- Establish an experimentation-based approach to introduce new and emerging channels for acquiring customers, and optimize and improve marketing efficiency, predictability, and scale
- Apply learnings into the organization to guide accurate forecasting and forward-looking strategy and plans, while also optimizing existing systems, tools and processes
- Prioritize efforts across channels with the right mix across owned, paid and earned and the right investment across direct-to-consumer sales and sales lead generation to maximize business results
- Collaborate and align across marketing, product, sales, finance, development, and data to inform budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Manage and develop a team of driven, highly engaged individuals and leaders
What we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of experience with a deep focus on performance-based growth marketing leveraging a portfolio of marketing channels across web, mobile, paid (SEM, programmatic, affiliate and social) and email to run effective campaigns that drive new and expanded ARR
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data and multiple attribution models to find opportunities and actionable insights and clearly communicate to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience setting and measuring KPIs, managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, CPA, ROAS, and LTV
- Both a strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data/insights into strong marketing strategies, and a highly organized “doer,” with a data-driven mentality and a bias toward action
- Deep experience in ad/web/email reporting and analytics platforms (Must have Marketo, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics experience and some experience with SalesForce, and Drift or similar chat platform)
- Strong sense of ownership to proactively identify and drive solutions in ambiguous and high-growth environments with shifting priorities depending on market dynamics
- Growth mindset and industry leader; Continuously tracking industry trends and benchmarks, and learning from experimentation and the market at large
- Strong track record of leadership development of a high-performing team and effective collaboration across directors, managers, and executives
- Experience in a growth-stage consumer SaaS company is highly preferred, B2B expertise is a plus
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.