At Podia, we’re building the most creator-friendly platform on the planet to help people sell online courses, memberships, webinars, and digital downloads to their audience.
One of the ways we’re doing that — besides our awesome all-in-one platform — is delivering the best support on the planet for creators, helping them with everything they need to be successful on what can be an extremely difficult, lonely journey as an entrepreneur.
In fact, the #1 reason people cite for using us is creator-friendliness. That means fast, friendly support for every one of our thousands of creators, and a relentless passion, across our entire team, for helping our creators succeed.
Delivering all of that creator-friendly goodness takes work, and that’s why we need your help.
We’re looking for an experienced customer support leader who can help take our support team to the next level of efficiency, performance, and success as our Vice President of Creator Support.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Join our leadership team (alongside the CEO and the heads of each department) and have a voice in company-level decisions that impact all departments.
- Lead, train, coach, and level up our support team (currently a team of 11 agents ranging in seniority from Base to Director). Oversee and maintain the quality of our support delivery and customer satisfaction scores.
- Own support’s relationship with other departments and work with them to manage information flow where necessary (e.g. with Development for bug reports, with Product for feature requests/voice-of-the-customer, and with Marketing for launches and campaigns).
- Have a deep understanding of the quantitative metrics that influence our support team’s performance, impact on the business, and team growth.
- Budgeting and forecasting for support team hires, training, and tool changes/upgrades as needed.
- Create and own execution of a strategy to scale our customer support performance as we grow while increasing efficiency, including building an automation strategy to increase bot-assisted and self-help resolutions where possible without decreasing CSAT.
- Ensure internal documentation and support team product knowledge are always up to date and thorough.
Always be looking to the future to iterate on our support delivery and keep it best-in-class across CSAT scores and internal operational efficiency.
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least 8+ years of experience in customer support, and at least 3+ years of experience in customer support management. You might have been a manager before, or you may already be running an entire department.
- An energetic, involved approach to management who enjoys getting to know team members, coaching them, and helping them deliver results to the best of their potential.
- A track record of being results-oriented, keeping your reports accountable to goals, and staying aligned with company-wide priorities.
- Proven ability to grow a support organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience collecting and analyzing relevant support data and metrics, and reporting on them to the CEO and other company executives.
- Excitement about the role support plays in moving our business — and our customers — forward.
- Automation chopz. You understand the disproportionate impact of automating repetitive tasks and common solutions, and you know how to leverage systems and tools to enable scale.
- At least 4 hours overlap with US Eastern Time
We get hundreds of job applications for every open role. If you’d like some tips on how to stand out, read this thread by our CMO, Len Markidan.
Here’s what you’ll get if you join Podia:
- Competitive compensation. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them. We use a standardized salary scale set at the 90th percentile of US salaries for each role—regardless of where you are in the world. 💰
- Ultimate flexibility. We try to have some overlap time every day, but outside of that, work whenever and wherever you work best. 🗺️
- Extreme autonomy. No micro-managing here. After onboarding, you’ll be given high-level direction and then left to solve it the way you feel is best. 📚
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand—or even an ear if you just need to bounce some ideas. 💡
- You’ll be working with a diverse team from a range of countries and backgrounds. We work hard to make Podia an inclusive workplace for everyone. 🌈
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people. ❤️
- Great benefits including three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, unlimited therapy, paid family leave, a new laptop every three years, and more. ☺️
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together (or a still-pretty-great virtual retreat when there’s a global pandemic). ✈️
Sound like you? Want to be part of a smart, nimble, motivated team working hard to build something big?
We’ve been around since 2014, have the greatest customers in the world, and a team that will stop at nothing to help our creators win.
If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you 📣