Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That’s why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
Metabase is looking to hire our first VP of Marketing, reporting to the CEO. We have a product users love, that has grown primarily through word-of-mouth, and we’re looking to build on this to create a repeatable and scalable GTM motion.
You’re a great fit if
- You know what resonates with developers and data analysts, and you can create authentic messaging and content strategies that our user base appreciates
- You have built a successful, comprehensive marketing strategy to reach and win target personas and achieve business growth goals, especially at a scaling startup and in a PLG context
- You understand the current market landscape around Open Source Software and Data
- You understand all parts of a marketing funnel and can correctly measure impact to inform decision-making and optimize performance You work effectively with cross-functional teams (product, design and engineering) to run experiments and build growth channels
- You are equally comfortable diving deep into the details and zooming out to grasp the full picture
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves as an effective hands-on contributor and as a leader in building high-performing teams
- You thrive in ambiguous, scrappy fast moving startup environments
As VP of Marketing, you’ll
- Define the marketing strategy and build the team and marketing engine to meet our growth goals
- Work with Success Engineering to grow our large user, developer and partner communities
- Have a hands-on approach to moving key marketing initiatives and deliverables forward in parallel with building your team
- Articulate Metabase’s unique value proposition to analysts, developers and teams Lead the creation of content, community engagement, and social strategies that generate public conversations and an engaged following
- Build awareness of Metabase through experimentation with a variety of channels and messages
- Build out the marketing operations backend and instill a culture of quantitative rigor in parallel with fostering creativity and experimentation
We’re a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers. We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. We’re relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.