We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The VP, Customer Support develops strategic vision and direction of 1Password’s global Customer Support department. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, this role is responsible for enabling the team to provide world class support for customers and partners. The position will closely collaborate with various internal stakeholders to build scalable, industry-leading support experiences for 1Password customers.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years relevant service/help desk/customer support experience in a global high tech or SaaS environment
- 7+ years of senior leadership experience; proven leadership skills and ability to lead cross departmental teams unified in consistent execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; aptitude for building strong relationships
- Experience managing a global team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Understanding of SaaS business models and their overall relationship to Customer Success
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
What you can expect:
- Coach, mentor, and inspire leaders and individual contributors by delivering timely and candid feedback on performance and holding team members accountable to a high level of performance.
- Leads by example, and is actively involved in all aspects of the customer journey.
- Operate the team with efficiency and focus on key metrics such as average response times, first contact resolution, resolution time, CSAT, as examples.
- Work closely with Sales, Product and Technology partners to remove friction from the customer experience.
- Drive customer advocacy and influence internal stakeholders by being the voice of our customers.
- Set and manage the team budget, partnering with Finance and reporting progress and challenges to executive stakeholders.
- Work with HR partners to develop talent management plans that attract, train, develop, and retain top talent.
- Ensure that issues and escalations are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Champion for improvements to the 1Password product, ensuring they are escalated proactively in order to elevate the entire 1Password experience.
- Provide oversight of best practice management, KPIs, and analytical processes used to report, predict, understand and influence the operational performance of the department.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes.
- Ensure best practices in QA to validate that proper communication techniques and tools are being leveraged.
- Increase productivity from new hire cohorts via onboarding program.
- Implement and own performance enablement initiatives to ensure a continuous development of skills, post onboarding (soft skill, product, career).
United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $241,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual’s compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.