Y Combinator is the leading startup accelerator for entrepreneurs. Since 2005, YC has invested in over 4,000 companies, including Airbnb, Dropbox, Stripe, Reddit, Instacart, DoorDash, and Coinbase. Today, YC has built the most powerful startup community in the world alongside the products and programs to support founders for the life of their company.
About the roles
We are looking to grow our pool of multi-talented video editors for ongoing work crafting long-form videos for Y Combinator’s popular Youtube channel and short-form videos for Y Combinator’s various social channels (TikTok, Instagram, Youtube Shorts). This would be a contract position to help our video team on an as-needed, project-by-project basis.
What you’ll do
- Edit rough and fine cuts in Adobe Premiere in a timely manner
- Utilize a variety of assets including original motion design, archival clips, and shot footage into a seamless edit alongside necessary sound design and music
- Incorporate feedback and notes from the video team and work collaboratively to refine Y Combinator’s look and feel
What you’ll need
- Minimum 2 years of experience, but ideally 4 years or more
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud including but not limited to Premiere, After Effects
- Portfolio of previous work that shows sharp editorial judgment and resourceful, scrappy storytelling skills
- Passion for thoughtful visuals and audio with sophisticated design sensibility
- Strong attention to detail and project organization
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple styles from explainers, educational, interview, and more
- Bonus: Experience with Youtube and social media content focused on startups, business, technology, and entrepreneurship
About the team
We are the lean and ambitious team that produces all the videos for Y Combinator. With a renewed focus on high-quality storytelling and educational content, we publish weekly videos featuring startup advice, founder stories, and an exclusive look inside Y Combinator. We’re a group of technology optimists who believe entrepreneurship is one path to building a better world—the ideal candidates share that passion and will use it to produce the most engaging and informative videos for our audience of founders.
Compensation: $50-$100/hr. Please include your rate in the application form.
Benefits: This is a 1099 contractor position and not benefits-eligible.