Prefect is the new standard in dataflow automation. Our remote-first company is singularly focused on this vision, and every team member directly contributes to its advancement. Every role solves a problem, and everyone can see exactly how their work helps achieve our mission.
To that end, we’ve carefully created a positive, high-performance culture – the operating system of our company – that empowers our team to do the best work of their careers and achieve their personal and professional aspirations.
We are looking for folks who want to join a remote-first team to build an equally amazing company and product. In deciding whether to apply for a role at Prefect, consider whether your values align with our values and standards and check out our top-of-the-line benefits and perks.
As VP of Marketing, you will craft and execute strategies for our marketing programs, including Digital, Advertising, Communications, Brand & Creative.
Your primary goals will be: to create initiatives that will deliver Prefect Cloud leads to our sales organization, increase and measure brand awareness and work with our product and developer advocate teams to grow the Prefect Community. You will have the opportunity to grow a team and define the marketing function at Prefect.
We are an open core company with an enthusiastic community of technical users. Traditional marketing can oftentimes alienate the developers we look to provide value for, meaning that our VP of Marketing should bring a perspective that keeps those users in mind. We are looking for someone who has experience marketing to our technical users.
This role will require someone who enjoys both the strategic and tactical aspects of marketing. If you are interested, we’d love to hear how you think you’d handle our unique space (open source workflow orchestration, with developers ).
Expectations (you will):
- Manage a team of marketing professionals, scaling and coaching the team as it grows
- Define and execute a cohesive marketing strategy while implementing new processes to support that strategy for brand and design, product marketing, and digital marketing/demand generation
- Build our branding and design initiatives that differentiates us in the marketplace (including visual and public-facing mediums, including our website)
- Oversee our product marketing efforts including positioning, messaging and collateral
- Articulate what our product is and the value is provides to users
- Deliver collateral to the broader organization
- Manage our top of funnel demand generation activities
- Measure our marketing programs and determine effectiveness and ROI of your investments
- Partner with your peers responsible for Community, Sales, Customer Success and Product
- Embody ownership: contribute and advocate for your ideas, while also preventing projects from failing
- Advocate for our culture and foster a collaborative working environment
Qualifications (you have):
- 7+ years of progressive marketing experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience with multiple marketing tools and their purpose within a marketing function
- Cross-functional marketing experience across several different main marketing practices
- Experience managing key stake holders and their expectations
- The ability to project manage and the ability to work simultaneously on many different projects
- Desire to lead by example in an enthusiastic and team environment
Bonus Points (we’d like you to have):
- Experience with the open source (and preferably PyData) ecosystem
- Experience with a developer-focused product
- Experience in a startup
- A desire to be data-driven in your decision-making
- … and an understanding of how and when to “break the mold” when the best practice for Prefect deviates from an industry standard