AngelList Venture is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC firm. We’ve innovated on new ways for VCs to raise money, new ways for startups to provide liquidity for employees, and even index-like VC funds.
We’ve grown exponentially in 2020 (www.angellist.com/2020) and have exciting plans for 2021. If you want to help us build the future of venture capital, we welcome you to apply.
About the Role:
AngelList Venture is seeking a Venture Growth Lead to join our team. As a Venture Growth Lead you will identify, qualify, and onboard high-potential angels and fund managers on the AngelList Venture platform.
This role provides a unique opportunity to work alongside experienced leaders in the venture industry and shape AngelList’s sales strategy in this next phase of our growth. Given AngelList’s easy-to-use and scalable solution, you will have the opportunity to have an outsized impact not just on our company, but on the venture industry as a whole. You will manage the entire sales cycle, including creating and executing on inbound and outbound processes to close a pipeline of customers. As an early member of the team, you’ll be integral in helping us iterate on our pitch and processes as we scale. This role will challenge you to develop trusted relationships with both emerging and established investors—providing feedback on their fund pitch decks, portfolio construction, fund sizes, and more. Internally, you will collaborate with AngelList’s product, operations, and legal teams to ensure a smooth experience for our users.
Previous experience sourcing leads, creating outbound campaigns, developing and managing strong relationships, and winning net new business is preferred. Previous experience in venture is ideal, but not required. Ultimately, we are a fast-growing company, so we need Venture Growth Leads who will take initiative, learn our product quickly and thoroughly, and bring a growth mindset to their work each day.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product offerings, our platform, the venture industry, and our mission.
- Build, lead, and grow your own book of business, setting up funds and syndicates with GPs, tracking all details of the sales cycle in Salesforce.
- Provide proactive, trusted thought leadership to target accounts, maintaining relationships that fuel upsell opportunities.
- Work with our operations teams to ensure a smooth and successful handoff process.
- Implement your own outbound strategies—including sourcing, developing email copy, and refining your pitch.
- Bring your learnings to the team in order to help iterate on the outbound sales process as a whole.
- Help AngelList build a community of investors—engaging with our customers through planned events.
- Collaborate with the product, operations, and customer success teams to continuously help build, update, and craft new solutions for our customers.
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- 4+ years in a closing sales role within a rapidly growing organization, ideally within venture, finance, or fintech.
- Background in an early-stage company—you know how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment.
- A deep understanding of core financial concepts, and knowledge of venture finance.
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world).
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
A Remote-First AngelList: AngelList is a remote-first company – you can choose to work remotely or work from one of our offices in hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City. While AngelList offices are only partially open at this time in accordance with local health guidance, you choose how and where you’d like to work even in a post-COVID world.