Our Value Consultants are responsible for partnering with our enterprise customers and internal functions to develop outcomes based learning strategies focused on meeting our customers most critical business needs. These strategies will be delivered on a pre-sale and post sale basis. The focus of this role is to enhance Udemy’s value add from the perspective of the customer, to increase growth opportunities and to enhance our “stickiness” within the account.
These learning strategies will demonstrate how the specified learning programs tie to the customers desired business outcomes, justify the investment in the programs, and provide a roadmap for deployment.
Critical to success is the ability to understand a customer’s business strategy, competitive challenges and current learning environment, and to craft all recommendations in this context. The results will be “tangible” in that you (partnering with the Customer Success Manager) will provide implementation plans to deploy all recommended strategies. These strategies will be centered on Udemy content and platform, but will not be limited to our current capabilities. As such, you will leverage your industry expertise and best practices to recommend complete solutions to fulfill customers needs.
Equally as critical is the need to make all results value driven, in terms of tying learning strategies to customer’s critical business initiatives, and to creating a business case to support all recommendations. As such, you will work with Udemy’s Data Sciences group as well as external sources for data and financial analysis efforts. At times, we will also undertake bespoke data analysis efforts for clients leveraging Udemy’s rich learning data set with relevant customer data to support customers learning reporting needs.
We expect these services to be focused on our largest enterprise customers, so an understanding of the complexity of large organizations and how to develop cross departmental support for the recommended strategies is critical.
As a Udemy Value Consultant, you have delivered these services in similar environments in the past. Key experience includes the ability to make the connection between business outcomes and learning programs by structuring of coordinated, integrated learning strategies. You are able to work with customers to “connect the dots” in a tangible way between business needs and learning programs. You have also delivered these services in large complex organizations, coordinating across multiple stakeholder groups.
We love people! We build relationships with learning champions and executives. We can’t wait to collaborate with customers. Internally, our team is close and loves to collaborate. We also put a ton of effort into building tight cross-functional partnerships with other departments at Udemy including Marketing, Product and Sales.
We are revenue driven. We own renewals and share responsibility for upsells with Sales. Our partnership with Sales is tight, and we share a joint passion for meeting and exceeding our goals.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
- Meeting with client business and learning executives to clarify business strategies and challenges, and current learning strategies and capabilities
- Coordinating tightly with the assigned Customer Success Manager (CSM) who will act as the “guide” to the customer, and likely be involved in most customer meetings. You and the CSM will co-create all deployment plans, usually collaborating tightly with the relevant customer teams
- Working with Udemy’s Content and Learning teams to craft learning strategies that support desired business outcomes
- Working with Udemy’s Data Sciences group and external sources to develop data based justifications for all recommendations
- Partnering closely with the customer CSM, and working with the customer Account Executive (AE) to ensure strategies tie to medium and long term Udemy account goals.
- Collaborating as needed with customer teams to ensure stakeholder support for all recommendations
- Work with AEs in pre-sales situations to develop cost justifications for Udemy purchases, leveraging our best practices and previous customer experience
- Partner with marketing to develop promotional material these services develop customers for case studies and media opportunities
- Participate in the creation of internal and customer facing processes to support delivery of all services outlined above.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 8-10 years experience working with customers in the learning space, including delivering consulting support direct to customers or through learning product companies
- Proven ability to engage with senior executives in the Fortune 500, and to gain support of key senior stakeholders to change efforts.
- A strong data background, in terms of developing data driven support for all recommendations
- The ability to develop recommended strategies from an ambiguous set of conditions at a client situation, and bring others to align with your recommendations
- An inquisitive nature and a willingness to embrace complexity,, recognizing that each client situation has different dynamics and there’s no “one size fits all solution.
Our Customer Success Mission
To empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource, and to become a partner our customers adore. We will serve as strategic advisors and provide trusted support. We will be the voice of the customer internally and will foster strong cross functional partnerships. Our customers’ success will be the engine that drives Udemy’s success.
Our Customer Success Core Values
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).