Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London – UK, London – Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
Tyk aims to provide the best user experience to our range of API management customers. Our users range from software and API developers, to API product managers, platform engineers and technical architects. We are looking for someone with a passion and drive to always be improving our UX and on the hunt for finding out the true user needs.
- Collaborate with other designers, developers and stakeholders to design enterprise and developer user experiences
- Gather feedback on designs throughout projects and share with your product squad and the UX team
- Communicate design ideas with your squad, the wider business and potential users
- Develop and own the user journeys, wireframes and interactive prototypes for complex developer and enterprise experiences within one or more areas of the Tyk product set
- Work closely with the development squad(s) to ensure there is a common understanding and direction for any UX activities and workflows
- Guide your squad(s) in creating product experiences that sit at the intersection of human value, business viability and technical feasibility
- Contribute to product planning and prioritisation sessions as the UX expert
- Use and contribute to the Tyk Design System, including the component library and the processes around it
Championing UX Thinking
- Champion a design thinking mindset within product development and across the rest of the organisation
- Communicate and advocate what is best for the user throughout the organisation
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Attend product standups and other squad meetings as the UX expert, supporting the development of user experiences in line with designs and best practise
- Plan and run UX workshops both in the design and feedback stages
- Create user workflows, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes
- Collaborate with front-end developers, particularly during the build phase
- Participate in design reviews with the rest of the UX team, and pair designing activities with other UX designers
- Sign off developed UIs as accurately reflecting initial designs and user needs
- Work closely with the user research team to understand user needs, jobs to be done and user journeys
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Designed for technical developer and enterprise (B2B) tooling
- Worked with and driven a design thinking framework
- Worked with projects from conception through to delivery
- Worked with and/or managed/created a design system
- Ability to use standard set of design software (we use Figma & Miro)
- Confidence in communicating designs to a wide range of stakeholders
- Creative, innovative and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to see things from both a macro and micro level (and know when to focus on each)
- Broad knowledge of the end to end design capabilities (research, UX, UI)
- Deep knowledge of interaction design, describing use cases, user flows and journeys
- Willingness to learn about new concepts and adopt new tools
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.