We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
We are looking for a Staff UX Designer to partner with a cross-functional team of creatives, developers, product and program managers to articulate the experience (UX) for buyers across a multitude of 1Password Marketing digital touch points (e.g. 1Password.com, blog.1Password.com, App Store listings) and partner with the Interactive Design team to update our component library.
What we’re looking for:
- 7 – 10 years of marketing experience design with commerce sites.
- Experience with content strategy and platform design strongly preferred.
- Fluency in analytics, usability tests, and various forms of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Demonstrated success in strategic and design thinking.
- Expertise in system design, usability, analytics, user testing, a/b testing, information architecture, and marketing.
- Mastery of component-based design and direct involvement in designing component libraries that adhere to brand design systems and guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulately express the rationale behind design decisions.
- Collaborates well with content strategists, copywriters, and designers.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and deliver high-quality work with attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, curiosity, and problem-solving growth mentality.
What you can expect:
- Produce clear UX documentation for marketing websites and sign-up flows, including user flow maps, sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes.
- Present UX documentation to leadership, clearly articulating design rationale to gain alignment.
- Collaborates with the creative team by working reciprocally and sharing standard methodologies.
- Support the Interactive Design team with updating the component library in the new brand.
- Iterate rapidly as ideas emerge and priorities change to meet the needs of the project.
- Support self-service user research and usability tests to inform the creative process.
- Be the champion for our buyers with a deep understanding of our personas.
- Build productive working relationships with creatives, engineers, and marketers.
- Embed within the agile scrum web team to facilitate ongoing discovery and contribute to the definition, development, and validation of various projects.
- Mentor others across the Marketing department.
What’s in it for you:
- 1Password is on a mission to make the internet a more secure place – you get to be a key part of reaching and educating a wider audience.
- Be a part of a team to plan and develop new, creative ideas to support our customers understanding of the importance of security and privacy.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $127,000USD and $171,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual’s compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we’re experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you’ve got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.