As a Trusty & Safety Analyst at Skillshare, you’ll play a key role in enforcing our guidelines and keeping our community safe. We’re growing quickly and excited to bring someone on board who can help scale our Trust & Safety processes and support initiatives to stop fraud and abuse on Skillshare.
This role sits on our Platform Operations team and works directly with our incredible creative community to investigate suspicious activity across the platform. We’ll rely on your analysis and tenacity to make efficient, empathetic, and well-reasoned decisions about risky user behavior.
You’ll be joining a small team that’s passionate about thoughtfully protecting online spaces and building processes that work at scale. We’re excited to meet you.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and maintain our day-to-day fraud operations. You’ll investigate suspicious flaggings and take action on bad actors.
- Communicate with users directly on sensitive issues like DMCA takedown requests, intellectual property complaints, and unusual payment activity.
- Serve as a first touch point for our Trust & Safety support agents. You’ll triage tricky escalations, coordinate schedules, and track performance metrics.
- Work collaboratively to solve cross-team issues as they arise
Why we’re excited about you:
- Experience working analytically. You know how to navigate large sets of data in spreadsheets. You’re excited to learn more about working with databases.
- Confidence in making evidence-based decisions and judgement calls. You document your thinking and clearly articulate the reasoning behind a decision.
- A diligent, procedural working style. You’ll execute on existing processes, and help optimize them as we grow. You’re comfortable using existing frameworks to navigate tough decisions.
- Poise in communicating sensitive or difficult topics with your manager, your team, and our users.
- An interest in and familiarity with protecting online communities.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: you’ll play a key role in scaling our fraud efforts and Trust & Safety processes long-term.
- Growth: Our team is small, so you’ll have room to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.