We’re on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can’t build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We’ve been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we’re growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We’re passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Documentation is at the core of Notion’s API — thousands of developers visit our developer site every day to learn how to use our APIs to build new and interesting integrations. Our developer site includes API references, guides, examples, and code samples to help guide our developers on their journey.
In this role you’ll be responsible for writing documentation for new APIs, revamping existing documentation and guides, and creating new code samples.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Develop comprehensive, well-structured, and easy-to-understand API documentation (developers.notion.so), including guides, reference manuals, code samples, and tutorials, that cater to various levels of technical expertise.
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, and partner engineers to gather technical specifications and insights required for creating accurate API documentation.
- Continuously monitor changes and updates to our APIs and proactively update the documentation to reflect the latest features, enhancements, and best practices.
- Understand the needs of our community, coalesce their use cases, and write sample code to help inspire developers on their journey.
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- Be passionate about writing, both reference documentation and long form content, with an ability to explain complex technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Have a technical background with familiarity with REST APIs with the ability to write clean code samples.
- A portfolio of technical writing you have done in the past.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience writing technical documentation for an enterprise platform.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
For roles based in San Francisco the estimated base salary range for this role is $50/hr – $75/hr.