As a Talent Partnerships Manager at Skillshare, you will build relationships with leading talent and develop educational programming to drive growth and build the Skillshare brand. This exciting role is a crucial part of our Originals content team, working with creative professionals, influencers and celebrities. You’ll be on the front lines: identifying, pitching, and closing talent. You’ll be their first impression, account manager, marketing partner, and coach as they work with content producers to create inspiring, original content for the Skillshare community. A successful candidate will have diverse skills in talent booking, partner management, influencer marketing, deal structuring, consulting, project management, and brand and content strategy — as well as passion for Skillshare’s mission. High familiarity with the creative community (art, design, photography) is strongly encouraged. Startup and/or international experience are bonuses, but not required. This is a fantastic opportunity for a growth-minded, creative individual eager to make a big impact on a small team.
What you’ll do:
- Talent sourcing, pitching and booking. You’ll secure talent and partners from creative, lifestyle, entrepreneurial and entertainment disciplines in line with our programming strategy. You’ll pitch the Skillshare brand directly to teachers or through agents/brand partners.
- Proposal development. You’ll create compelling proposals and external facing collateral to attract and secure top-tier talent. You’ll also coordinate with stakeholders from different departments (Production, Acquisition, Brand, Content Marketing, Business Development) in developing cross-functional programs that drive impact and efficiency.
- Relationship management. You’ll nurture talent from pre-sign through to production (in conjunction with producers) and launch, as well as for ongoing content or marketing initiatives.
- Project management: You’ll coordinate talent information (pre and post sign) in our database.
- Insights and measurement. You’ll project and articulate the impact of a teacher/class on the business as well as measure performance, working with internal insights specialists and marketing stakeholders.
- Be a creative and cultural enthusiast: You’ll dive into the latest trends in categories like illustration, graphic design, crafts, video and interior design, with an emphasis on diverse and mission-driven creatives.
- Deal structuring. You’ll craft commercial agreements with talent and partners that complement our business model and strategic goals.
Why we’re excited about you:
- You have experience securing talent for creative projects, marketing, events and other opportunities. You know what it takes to find and close talent, and are driven to find the best partners that fit our programming strategy.
- You have a track record of strategic thinking and impact analysis. You know how to determine and articulate the impact of a partner on business goals, and track success.
- You are equally excited by programming strategy, project management, and execution. You love coming up with new ideas and then also getting hands-on and figuring out if they work. One day, you’ll write a talent strategy. The next day, you’ll enter and review pipeline data. The next day, you’ll make sure talent is comfortable and confident on a remote film shoot set.
- You’re a natural brand evangelist. You are a people connector, have an insatiable curiosity about the world, and are a superior communicator who can convey the Skillshare brand, mission, and opportunity authentically, urgently, and intelligently. You know how to balance charisma and strategy.
- You understand the nuances of working with creative professionals, influencers, celebrities and brands. You have the utmost professionalism and diplomacy when working with high-level talent and partners. You understand how to keep them engaged, all while balancing our business needs.
- You understand negotiation and deal structuring. You’re able to determine the right commercial structure for talent partnerships that reflects business needs, while engaging talent in a fair and equitable way.
- Bonus: you’re highly familiar with the creative community, understanding industry trends and the perspective of creatives.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll be a key part of leveling up our talent, building relationships with cultural trendsetters, diversifying our content offerings, and building our programming strategy.
- Growth: as an invaluable member of a new department, you’ll have the opportunity to lead creative, define the department mission, and advance your hard & soft skills.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.