HubSpot’s global People Operations team’s mission is to attract and empower people to do their best work and help HubSpot grow better. The goal of the Talent Development Team is to develop our exceptional leaders through inclusive, impactful and scalable learning experiences and programming.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Learning & Development, the Director of Talent Development will partner directly with HubSpot’s Board of Directors and C-Suite executives, develop and implement a strategic plan for identifying, developing and retaining top talent and create a process for developing executable succession plans for executive leaders. In your work you will prioritize developing equitable paths to leadership for underrepresented minority groups, report regularly to the Board, and implement new strategies and processes to meet the evolving needs of HubSpot’s leadership.
In this role you will
- Partner with Board of Directors, Company Executive Leadership Team (CELT), Learning and Development (L&D), and Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs) to set priorities and strategic plans for our top talent
- Create and implement an inclusive and scalable Top Talent function to identify and develop talent at various leadership levels, create opportunities for cross-functional and hybrid learning experiences and talent mobility, and ensure effective succession planning is in place for our senior leadership
- Prioritize coaching, engaging with and developing our top talent in a scalable and inclusive way, including (but not limited to) baseline executive coaching including assessments, 360 reviews, and active inquiry
- Develop a Talent Development team that prioritizes psychological safety and celebrates diverse perspectives and is reflective of the diversity of the broader HubSpot leadership team
- Partner with our Executive Recruiting function to anticipate external leadership hires and support in onboarding new leaders
- Embed principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all programming and communications to ensure current and future HubSpot leaders have the skills, motivation, and accountability to drive equity in their business units and actively educate Board and CELT on the importance of accessibility, inclusion, and equity in Top Talent strategy
- Develop metrics of success for all Top Talent programs; build, execute, and report on data strategy
- Own all communication and reporting regarding owned programs and initiatives, including quarterly Board updates detailing assessment data, strategy, and current projects
- Regularly provide business updates on programs via channels including, but not limited to, email distributions, wiki blogs and pages, and Looms
- Facilitate and produce all live elements of the aforementioned programs from time to time, or delegate to a credible facilitator, if available
- Experience leading a top talent program at a global, scaling organization, and managing diverse teams that work on various projects across departments, cultures, and/or countries
- Experience coaching senior executives and teams around developing high performing teams and cultures
- The ability to curate a vision and align it with execution, with an emphasis on both thinking strategically and executing with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to partner with Executives,HRBPs, and other cross-functional partners to drive talent strategy and workforce development globally
- Passion for learning, experimenting with new ways to engage others, and create communities of leaders who strive to learn, grow, and teach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with leaders of all levels to build rapport, gain buy-in, advocate, and align to business goals
- Excellent project management skills that allow you to effectively prioritize multiple initiatives and deliverables and produce remarkable results in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and excited by the chance to experiment and measure results
- Visual design skills are a plus
Cash compensation range: [180,000]-[240,000] USD annually.