Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
As a leading brand in the mental wellness space, the Calm Content team works hard to develop life-changing audio and video content that truly helps people build a habit around mental wellness. Whether that’s better sleep, less anxiety, or even movements to help get users out of their head, we create experiences that truly help people find a happier and healthier life.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee production of music as part of Calm’s Post Production team, working with both internal and external creative partners
- Work directly with the Post Production Manager to ensure music projects are completed as part of the wider post-production delivery schedule
- Collaborate with the Director of Music and Post Production Manager to ensure successful content launches
- Interface cross-functionally within the company to coordinate the completion and release of music content
- Work directly with other professionals to edit and mix music tracks, create remixes, review music submissions, adjust content to meet loudness standards, and fix any anomalies
- Help coordinate and remotely direct recording sessions with relevant producers
- Organize and archive content via dropbox and physical drives
- Document and streamline Calm’s music creation process, tracking deliverables via Asana
Who You Are:
- A motivated music producer with an advanced understanding of music production, to include exceptional production, editorial, and organizational skills
- Experienced, with 10+ years in audio recording, editing, mixing, and mastering
- Knowledge of and experience with studio production, recording techniques, and microphone characteristics
- Proven track record of producing high-quality content, with the ability to work quickly while not sacrificing attention to detail
- Always looking for new ways to utilize sound to enhance and improve Calm’s in-app content and brand
- Advanced skill-level with digital audio workstations such as Pro Tools, iZotope RX, and other audio software tools
- Impressive attention to detail in audio quality
- A self-starter who is internally motivated and thrives in a fast-paced production environment
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Technically minded and creative problem solver
- Experience with or passion for mindfulness
- Experience as a musician and composer
- Melodyn experience
- Post-Production experience
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.