*Please note that this is a part-time, contract, remote position.
The days of learning data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when a student’s hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
The position will work with our Content team to develop an online course. The Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be responsible for developing and providing technical content for online training courses. The position is a contract position to work as a consultant. The SME must have demonstrated expertise in the subject area as shown by professional and/or teaching experience, publications, etc.
The Consultant will be responsible for providing a detailed course outline and drafting exercises for a specific course as determined by DataCamp.
Final SME Deliverables
- Course outline to include:
- 4-6 measurable learning objectives that students will be expected to learn by the end of the chapter.
- The terms introduced in each chapter.
- The dataset(s) used in each chapter’s screencasts and exercises.
- The different applications, services, or websites you plan on using
- Content for 4 chapters, developed sequentially. Each chapter has one lesson that contains:
- a conceptual video
- two screencasts
- 5-7 exercises.
- Dedicated weekly meeting with the Content team during development to review progress.