Please make sure to read the application thoroughly and follow the appropriate application process, incomplete applications will not be considered.
We believe the place where you are born shouldn’t determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don’t pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career. As of today, we have students in 100+ countries, and 96% of our graduates get a job within 6 months with an average salary increase of 240% working for companies like Microsoft, Huawei, and VMWare.
We are backed by amazing investors worldwide, including Y Combinator, Northzone, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite), and Erica Brescia (Github’s COO).
We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries. Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world. We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
Talent is universal, but opportunity is not. We’re on a mission to change that. With the recent closing of our Series A, there has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
We are looking for a Customer Support professional with experience in education (working with people with a technical background is a plus!) and multicultural awareness to serve as a key support for communication with students. This role reports to the Student Support Manager.
The Student Success team is responsible for answering daily questions related to program requirements, access to student systems, collaboration, motivation, and much more. Together we work to ensure smooth daily functions and satisfaction for our 100% online, highly diverse student population.
We do not succeed unless our students succeed (no really – we don’t get paid until our student’s find a job!), so we provide the support system necessary to solve the challenges our students face and make sure they can access systems and move forward daily in the program. This is an opportunity to shape an innovative remote learning program and be part of a movement whose goal is to connect millions of people with global opportunities regardless of where they live.
- Spend the majority of your day handling student communication around issues of program tools access, submissions, collaboration, and much more.
- Work a schedule that has overlap with either the UTC or UTC-6 program timezones, and includes flexibility for a schedule that includes weekend shifts when needed.
- Monitor student community chat spaces to provide support for questions and direct students where to find answers.
- Understand the student journey deeply and advocate for the student in every decision implemented.
- Help create and maintain a consistently positive, motivated and understanding environment where students from all backgrounds feel comfortable approaching us with their problems and know we will work to solve them.
- Contribute to working strategically to automate support for communication and synergy of services for students including writing support articles for frequently asked questions.
- Help collect data on the quality of support and help continuously improve student satisfaction.
- Stay up to date on all program changes and improvements and be prepared to answer student questions about them.
- 2+ years customer support experience in a service-oriented company
- Based in Latin America, Africa, or Europe
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge, experience, interactions, and understanding of the cultural norms and difficulties of individuals in developing countries
- Mission-driven and passionate about helping students succeed
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to work autonomously, proactively, and humbly with little oversight
- Efficient, organized and good at prioritizing in an environment with a high volume of daily customer communication
- Have experience working remotely or are excited about the opportunity.
- Have worked with software developers or Computer Science students before.
- Have lived in different cultures or countries.
- Are passionate about working in the learning and education sector.
- Have prior startup or other experience and are very comfortable with change at work.
- Have used a customer support tool such as Zendesk.
Why you might be excited about us
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company and make a positive impact on thousands of people around the world
- Leading remote-first working culture
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months
- Learning and development stipend for books, courses, and conferences
- Hardware & office set up stipend
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12+ different countries
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
How to Apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the word “sunshine” to make sure that you read the entire job description. Applications without an introduction including the word “sunshine” will not be moved forward in the process.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to get back to you if we decide to move forward with your application.
- If you pass the first screening, we will invite you to the second step of our hiring process where we use a tool called Hireflix to ask a few questions. We use this tool to promote asynchronous communication and to achieve a more objective initial screening – both of which are very important in our remote environment.
- Following steps: Interview with the hiring manager, short take-home assignment**,** general and cultural fit interview with a team member, and finally, a cultural fit interview with our CEO.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
At Microverse, salaries are transparent and based on location and experience. Some example salaries for different locations are below:
- Warsaw: $39,000 – $46,000
- Sao Paulo: $33,000 – $39,000
- Kampala: $31,000 – $ 37,000
- New York City: $67,000 – $78,000