Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270 million people around the world use its products each month.Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our vision of becoming the trusted guide to a joyful internet. We design, build and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this team and role:
This is a new role reporting to our SVP, Strategy & Operations, to accelerate the growth and impact of Mozilla’s existing products while setting the foundation for new product development through strategy development, planning & governance. You will have an opportunity to drive significant impact at a time when Mozilla is positioned to build software that is unambiguously good for the world at scale. You’ll do this by bringing your thought leadership and being a strategic partner to leaders across organizations at Mozilla, and help move the company’s vision forward.
If you’re interested in helping us take on some of the internet’s biggest challenges — openness, accessibility, safety, privacy, security, interoperability, individual agency and more, we look forward to learning more about you!
What you’ll do:
- Team Leadership & Development: Lead, mentor, and develop a small team of Strategy focused individuals, ensuring high performance and engagement, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Strategic Vision: Set the strategic direction for various programs within the organization, aligning with Mozilla’s broader mission and objectives.
- Executive Decision Support: Work closely with C-suite and VP-level executives, providing insights and recommendations that support key business decisions.
- Stakeholder Management: Manage relationships with key stakeholders across the organization, ensuring strategic initiatives are communicated effectively and receive the necessary support.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Coordinate with various teams within the organization, ensuring the strategy team’s initiatives are aligned with internal goals and capabilities. Approach with influence and not direction.
- Industry Analysis: Keep a pulse on industry trends, competitive landscape, and market opportunities, adjusting strategies as necessary to maintain a leading edge.
- Change Leadership: Lead organizational change efforts stemming from strategic initiatives, ensuring smooth implementation and adoption across the company.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience, including significant leadership roles, with a background in consulting and substantial experience in technology-focused roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; technical degree or equivalent is mandatory.
- Proven experience in developing and executing sophisticated strategies within technology companies.
- Proven experience in managing C-suite communications, influencing at the C-level in fast-paced, technology-centric environments.
- Strong business acumen, with extensive experience in business analysis, commercial, strategy and/or integrations roles.
- Superior communication skills, capable of influencing at all levels of an organization, from team members to the executive board.
- Exceptional leadership abilities, with a track record of mentoring and developing others.
- Strategic mindset with a knack for innovation, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- Ability to tie the needs of the business to the mission of a company, to work in both crisis and non-crisis situations and transform a company or business unit.
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all eligible employees – we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. – varies by country)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.