PagerDuty is transforming critical work for modern business. Our powerful and unique platform ensures users can take the right action when seconds matter. From developers and reliability engineers to customer success, security, and the C-suite, we empower teams with the time and efficiency to build the future. Our mission is to revolutionize operations and build customer trust by anticipating the unexpected in an unpredictable world.
About the Team
Pagerduty Strategic Finance helps the company make great decisions. We create data-driven visibility into current and future performance, support strategic analysis and develop business processes for scale. We partner with leaders across the business to build a growth plan and then measure and execute against it.
- Become a trusted partner and advisor to operational leaders and executives by contributing to the evolution and execution of financial updates for various internal and external stakeholders, including the CEO, executive leaders, and the Company’s Board of Directors.
- Build and own key parts of the company’s annual business plan that outlines expected performance by business unit and sales theater.
- Gain cross-functional alignment on complex decisions around growth levers for the business.
- Proactively identify areas for business improvement around key growth drivers and provide data-driven analysis to support it.
- Support the development, reporting, and benchmarking of key corporate operational metrics.
- Prepare executive presentations, including financial results, comprehensive business analysis, and recommendations for senior management and the Board.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop, measure and monitor our key business metrics and connect those metrics to our financial management processes
- Understand what drives key financial and operational analysis and be the subject matter expert.
- Lead the development and implementation of standardized approaches within the team and see opportunities for operational improvement.
- 5+ years of finance or operating experience
- 2+ years of investment banking experience (or other analytical, client-facing experience such as management consulting, private equity, or venture capital)
- Experience developing operating models and understanding business drivers
- Deep understanding of Enterprise SaaS business concepts and metrics
- SQL proficiency – the ability to build and run and troubleshoot SQL queries
- Expert Excel modeling skills – developing complex and scalable models with sensible assumptions
- Track record of developing strong business partnerships in a high-growth SaaS business
- Experience building new business processes in a high-growth environment
- Experience evaluating and supporting pricing and packaging is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Zuora, Tableau, and Periscope is a plus
- Ability to structure, analyze and visualize large amounts of data
The base salary range for this position is 120,000 – 183,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those cities and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave – up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off – 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week – scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty – a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.