HappyCo is a company where people can grow their careers and work with like minded people, with no egos or politics. HappyCo is values driven and offers a flexible, supportive culture. Join HappyCo and Make Work Happy!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and experienced Strategic Account Executive to join our team.
Our Strategic Account Executive (aka National Account Executive or VP of Sales/ Sales Director) will work directly with prospects and clients to learn about their current problems and establish how the HappyCo product line can help solve them. They are responsible for regularly meeting quotas, company goals and client expectations, helping clients understand the limits of their budget or resources and consistently meeting project deadlines laid out by the client.
Our Strategic Account Executives possess ALL of the following:
– Multifamily industry experience
– Experience closing deals greater than $250K
– Experience selling to prospects that have more than 20,000 units and/ or NHMC Top 50 Owners/ Managers
Week by Week:
During your first 2-4 weeks you will:
- Get to know our leadership, culture, and values
- Complete our HappyCo orientation and onboarding program
- Onboard with the sales team at HappyCo
- Familiarize yourself with our systems and tools
- Read our favorite industry primers
- Attend your first Company Wide Meeting (monthly) and Divisional Meeting (weekly)
During your first 1-6 months you will:
- Get acquainted with the different departments
- Research and establish new potential sales accounts with a focus on top multifamily prospects
- Lead your first meeting and/or product capability assessment with prospects
- Prepare proposal estimates by studying prospect’s current procedures and portfolio
- Prepare sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing territory information
- Understand and deliver value propositions on all HappyCo products
- Represent HappyCo by spending time in the field, at trade shows, demonstrations and seminars
During your first 6-12 months you will:
- Research and prepare to start meeting or exceeding quota targets
- Manage pipeline and accurately forecast opportunities
- Determine improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of HappyCo software
What you could expect day-to-day
- Negotiate and close business for the HappyCo suite of products with top Strategic Accounts
- Collaborate with HappyCo partners and coworkers to grow the HappyCo brand and message
- Identify and develop relationships with key C-level Executives
- Independently build and maintain a pipeline of prospects and execute against quotas with the goal of consistently attaining or exceeding sales targets
- Participate in deal flow management from signature through completion of launch for new customers
- Partner with a BDR to help grow your territory and knowledge of existing prospects
What we think you need to be successful
- At least 5 years of sales experience (B2B) within multifamily or property management industry
- Experience with selling to Owner/Operators or Fee Managers at a corporate level
- Exceptional verbal, visual, and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels, including with C-level executives
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Passionate belief in the HappyCo core values with unwavering commitment to quality and success
- Ability to travel occasionally – up to 50% – for client meetings and industry trade shows
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Salesforce + Marketing Cloud (formerly Pardot)
$111,000 – $138,000 a year
The salary range provided is a rough guideline of what is budgeted for this role. Actual compensation offered will depend on applicant skills, experience, and alignment with role qualifications and expectations. This range is for base salary only.
Founded in 2011, HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Our flagship product suite ‘Happy Property’ has 3.5M units on its platform and has captured more than 400 million photos.
We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving the lives of others. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities!
When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. Learn more about our Product Vision here!
Our HappyCo Culture
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that allows us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page and our careers page!
– Work from anywhere supported by a flexible company culture
– Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the PropTech industry
– Generous paid parental leave
– Competitive and equitable pay, including stock options
– Company retreats
– Access to employee assistance programs to support both physical and mental wellness
– Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses