Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!
We’re looking for a Strategic Account Executive to join our Employer Sales Team, showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a stable book of business: prospecting, cultivating, and closing new accounts while growing existing customer relationships and helping Handshake hit growth and attainment targets. You will maximize revenue while producing value and brand awareness for hundreds of current and prospective clients across the country.
- Drive revenue growth for Handshake’s clients
- Generate scalable revenue and hit target quota on a quarterly and annual basis
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, VP, and C Suite levels
- Interact and collaborate across Handshake, engaging with Customer Success, Insights, and the Leadership and Executive teams to build and grow our Strategic Partnerships
- Actively source and provide valuable market research, including industry-specific information and trends for customers and teammates
- Build business value narratives that incorporate qualitative and quantitative ROI modeling
- Command, report, and forecast sales performance – from prospecting target accounts and contacts to closing deals and growing existing relationships
- Create proposals, executive briefings, and seasonal business reviews for HR and business leaders at F100 companies.
- Expand pre-existing and new customer relationships by encouraging adoption and managing annual upsells
- At least 7+ years of sales experience in enterprise SaaS sales and/or HR business development, minimum 3 years of large enterprise closing experience
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- Successful in closing large six- and seven-figure deals
- Ability to navigate complex contract structures
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Ability to successfully drive revenue and growth through the development of long-term strategic relationships with existing customers
- Experience preparing account plans, business value narratives
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with a go to market team
- Proven ability to engage with executives at F500 companies
Bonus areas of expertise
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Possess relationships with key HR decision makers at national Fortune 500 companies and other top brands
- $260,000 – $300,000 per year OTE
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.