At Backbone, we live by the mantra that passion drives results. We strive to align our clients with our team members’ interests, bridging the gap between work and play and keeping an eye on the elusive work/life harmony. If you join our team of smart, driven marketers, you’ll become part of an extended work family, drawn together by a passion for an active lifestyle.
This position is remote-eligible to individuals residing in the United States. At this time, we are accepting applications from all states except California, New York and Washington.
As a Social Media Strategist you will work to organize and execute all aspects of social media for our clients. You are quick on your feet and able to prioritize multiple tasks and/or clients daily to ensure campaigns go off without a hitch. You like to balance creative thinking with making sure the details fall in line.
- Lead social strategy development and execution
- Conduct research to support strategies and tactics for community and influencer management
- Manage client social channels across multiple platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Execute all aspects of community management – content curation, copywriting, content sourcing, scheduling, engaging, tracking and reporting, etc.
- Lead strategic recommendation and execution of influencer campaigns – campaign and influencer briefing, creator selection, budget management, client communications, tracking and reporting, etc.
- Mentor and work with Social Coordinators to deliver against client strategies
- Work to make sure all of the finer details of executing community and influencer management are covered
- Immerse yourself in key community and influencer management and reporting tools in use by Backbone – Dash Hudson, Facebook Brand Collabs Manager, RivaliQ, Mavrck, CreatorIQ, etc.
- Stay up to date on latest industry research and media trends
Note: we consider applicants of all backgrounds. If you are excited about what we’re doing but don’t meet some of the criteria below, please don’t let that discourage you from applying
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years professional experience
- Able to work successfully in a team environment that promotes collaboration in addition to confidently working independently and leveraging resources at hand
- Knowledgeable on social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- Experience in social community and influencer management platforms, such as Dash Hudson, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Mavrck and/or CreatorIQ
- Experience with social reporting, benchmarking and listening tools, such as Instagram Insights, Google Analytics, RivaliQ and Meltwater
- Strong design aesthetic
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Detail-oriented and ability to appropriately manage time
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure
- Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally, as well as with those outside the team
- Competent Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to learn and challenge the norm
The Extra Mile
- Have a basic understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, along with knowledge of media concepts and terms, creative best practices, and a variety of social media platforms
- Experience executing full-scale influencer campaigns, from discovery to reporting
- Experience running paid social boosting and/or running paid ads in Facebook Business Manager
- Familiar with Brand Collaboration Center in Business Manger
- Graphic design experience on Adobe Photoshop or similar tool
- Social content creation experience in Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- Understanding of Backbone’s core values
- A love of the outdoors
- A sense of humor
Be you, on our team. We seek to build an inclusive team and culture that values diverse lived experiences, backgrounds and skill sets.
Salary: $55-$65k depending on experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k match
Perks: Flex time, powder days, wellness incentives, home office stipend, work from home/remote work options, office kegs, team hikes, floats, runs and playtime
About Backbone Media: We are the country’s leading active lifestyle media agency. For 25 years, Backbone has partnered with brands big and small to develop and execute effective, integrated media strategies. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Please no phone calls regarding job inquiries.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.