Owl Labs is searching for a creative, quick-witted, results-driven, and talented Social Media + Content Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing team.
Our ideal candidate for this position is excited by and passionate about social media and is looking to expand their career into content creation. They are on top of current trends and consistently bring forward new ideas and concepts that evangelize customers and introduce our brand to others. They are a strong, multi-channel storyteller with experience managing various social media channels. They are an avid writer who is looking to branch into long-form content creation by writing pieces, such as blogs, thought leadership articles, data studies, emails, guides, templates, and more.
- Lead community management for Owl Labs’ social channels, including Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Create and execute content calendar for social media platforms and the Owl Labs blog
- Own content creation across our social media channels and work closely with our design team to ensure all posts are on brand
- Identify threats and opportunities to manage and enhance Owl Labs’ reputation through active social listening
- Educate staff on social media-related topics, and best practices
- Maintain knowledge base on the latest tools and social media tactics being used by brands and how to leverage opportunities via new technologies and approaches, including, potentially, utilizing outside application vendors.
- Write and edit various content types including blog posts, presentations, one-pagers, guides, templates, case studies, and emails with relevant tone and style.
- Use keywords and employ SEO best practices to optimize content
- Manage the Owl Labs’ customer Slack Community
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- 3-6 years of experience in social media/digital content creation
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing via high-profile communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a dispersed team
- A love and passion for writing
- An analytical mind and the ability to use data to identify trends to make smart decisions
- A “work hard and hustle” mindset
- A “no job is too small” mentality
- Experience with SEO and tools such as HubSpot, Sprout, and Google Analytics, a plus
- Preference for candidates in eastern and central time zones
The best candidates will share examples of:
- Grit & resilience.
- Work ethic.
- Teamwork & collaboration with peers/co-workers.
- A measurable history of performance.
- Self-awareness & coachability.
Please provide (2) writing samples (one long-form + one short-form)
Owl Labs is a hybrid company, we are over 40% remote, and our headquarters is based in Boston, MA. This role is remote or hybrid, or on-site position. Please specify in your application.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.