Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit brings over 50 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) Social Media Analyst (Contract) based in the U.S. to join our growing Social Media team. This is a brand new role, which means you’ll be tasked with developing the program’s workflows and reporting processes.
The Social Media Analyst (Contract) will help us scale Reddit’s organic social media program, which currently has over 4.5 million followers across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, and Reddit itself. You will keep a pulse on the most important and interesting conversations and trends related to Reddit and its peers, and translate these insights into weekly reports for the Communications team and broader org.
An ideal candidate has a proven track record of driving results from mining large social media databases and is an Internet culture connoisseur. You have a deep understanding of the nuances between social media platforms, content trends, and user behaviors. In addition to these traits, you have excellent communication and time management skills, an eye for detail, and sixth sense for identifying the next big “thing” on social media.
This is an exciting time for Reddit. We’re growing quickly, innovating daily, and aggressively tackling our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world. Our Social Media Analyst (Contract) will help us separate the signal from the noise when it comes to the millions of discussions about Reddit happening on social each day.
- Monitor and analyze content trends and user behaviors related to Reddit across other social media platforms; distill into actionable insights for key stakeholders.
- Deliver weekly listening reports that offer fact-based summaries of conversations and facilitate decision-making.
- Support a variety of Comms portfolios with social listening needs, including Corporate, Safety & Policy, Product, Consumer, and Business.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of key events across the news and other social platforms and make real-time recommendations for our social media channels based on trending topics.
- Monitor mentions of Reddit across all channels, identifying overarching trends or issues and escalating to relevant internal teams.
- Proactively provide strategic recommendations for Reddit’s social analytics operations, objectives, reporting, and deliverables.
- Create and improve strong internal controls and processes across the team.
- Help the Social Media team measure and analyze its own content performance based on a range of metrics to ensure we’re building best-in-class content experiences that perform well and delight our followers.
- Ensure smooth and streamlined transfer of information across the organization through timely, accurate and insightful reporting to facilitate real-time business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Data Science.
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience (social listening, data analysis, etc.).
- Experience with social listening and intelligence tools (BrandWatch and Sprout Social Advanced Listening preferred).
- Exceptional data analytics skills and a passion for social media.
- Business-oriented with the ability to understand marketing data.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects from inception to completion with accountability for goal setting and results.
- Precise, typo-free, and effective communication skills, both in person and in writing.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Reddit’s never-ending rabbit hole of awesome communities.
- You are intellectually curious and display excellent judgment.