Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The content team shapes the voice of 1Password and helps us build on our reputation as a trusted business and consumer security tool. Our work touches almost every part of 1Password’s presence, from determining the messaging around new releases to writing educational content that helps people protect their privacy.
We’re looking for an SEO Marketing Manager to join the content team and help drive organic traffic. In this role, you’ll be leading our SEO efforts, ensuring that we’re maximizing opportunities, increasing organic traffic, and helping to bring a whole new audience to 1Password. You’ll work with content and marketing leadership to define the role of SEO within the content team and the wider organization. The ideal candidate is strategic, creative, and data-oriented.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada, the United States or the United Kingdom.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in SEO content
- Deep knowledge of SEO best practices, and experience working with SEO teams
- Experience using tools like Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, and Looker
- Ability to evaluate and influence the success of campaigns and projects
- Fundamental knowledge of digital marketing practices and processes
- Experience with content writing and editing, and a keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of A/B testing and best practices
- Understanding of crawling, rendering, indexation and structured data
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and problem-solving mentality
What you can expect:
- Own the organic web content strategy at 1Password
- Collaborate with web and marketing teams to plan, develop and implement our SEO strategy
- Work with the content team to ensure all content follows SEO best practices
- Work towards organic search optimization and ROI maximization
- Regularly perform thorough keyword research
- Monitor redirects, click rate, bounce rate, and other KPIs and prepare and present regular reports
- Check and optimize core web vitals
- Help identify our buyer persona to better target identified audiences
- Proactively identify problems and help develop strategies to solve them
- Assist with developing the 1Password voice and tone
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing trends and best practices
What’s in it for you:
- 1Password is on a mission to make the internet a more secure place – you get to be a key part of reaching and educating a wider audience
- You’ll own the SEO strategy and, working the Content Lead, have the opportunity to build our approach from the ground up
- You’ll get to plan and develop new, creative content ideas to help our customers understand the importance of security and privacy
When we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our global team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.