ZOE is a fast-growing health technology startup on a mission to help people eat with confidence. Running the largest in-depth nutrition study in the world and using cutting-edge data science, Zoe analyzes your unique gut, blood fat, and blood sugar responses so you can understand how you respond to food and take control of your health.
Founded by entrepreneurs who have built billion-dollar businesses and one of the world’s top scientists, Zoe has grown to over 70 employees since starting in 2017. We are also the team behind the COVID symptom study app, with over 4.5+ million users.
We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
About the Role
Zoe is looking for an experienced SEO Manager to join our new Content team, reporting to the Editorial Director. The SEO manager will help build and execute the SEO strategy for a new content initiative that will aim to answer nutrition and health search queries and drive organic growth. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced SEO aficionado who is both strategic and data-driven, and who can work with a content team to target the right keywords to get the best science-backed nutrition and health content in front of the people who need answers.
Ideal candidates should have 3-5 years of experience in a strategic SEO role, familiarity with SEO best practices and technical requirements, GA reporting experience, and a passion for health and nutrition.
This is a remote 6-month contract role requiring 20 hours/week, with a possibility of becoming full-time after 6-months.
– Work with Editorial Director to set and refine SEO strategy
– Perform keyword research to support SEO strategy
– Work with editor to create SEO best practice guides for freelance writers
– Liaise with tech team on A/B testing and ongoing technical site optimization
– Design, implement, and report on SEO/UX testing
– Monitor content performance and report to key stakeholders
– Article lifecycle reporting (3-month cycle)
– Lead monthly post-mortems with Content team
– Keep up with algorithm changes; constantly test, monitor, and pivot
– 3-5 years’ experience as an SEO lead
– Firm understanding of the latest algorithms
– A passion for all things SEO; awareness of the latest trends and best practices
– Experience using site analytics (GA)
– Experience using popular SEO tools
– Technical SEO expertise
– Excellent project management skills, with the ability to multitask
– Ability to work remotely
– Motivated self-starter who can work independently
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and work effectively in a cross-functional environment
– Passionate about nutrition. Bonus points for working previously with scientific or nutrition content