Teachable is a no-code platform for creators who want to build a more impactful business through courses, coaching, downloadable content, and community. With Teachable, creators can engage their online audiences and get paid—on their own terms. Today, tens of thousands of creators use Teachable to share their knowledge and, to date, have reached more than 46 million students around the world.
Are you ready to join a dynamic, cross-cultural team at an exciting turning point in our company’s journey? Now part of the global Hotmart Company portfolio, Teachable continues to take the creator economy by storm as a true industry leader. Together, Teachable and Hotmart are delivering market-leading products that prioritize creator control and flexibility, alongside meaningful partnership and support from our team. If you have big ideas, relish the chance to challenge convention, and deeply believe in the power of creators to shape the future, we want you on our team!
We’re looking for a SEO Manager, someone with experience building and executing strong SEO strategies to bring targeted audiences to Teachable.com by increasing visibility on all search engines. You will report to the Senior Website Marketing Manager and partner across multiple departments including paid marketing, content marketing, product, creative, and marketing ops to bring best practices in both on-page optimization and technical SEO to life.
While you’ll be leading our SEO efforts you’ll also benefit from the knowledge and experience of several well-versed SEO collaborators across the org. You have experience analyzing data and competitive intel, combined with creativity, and great project management skills. You’re adept at creating and driving toward a strategy that results in optimizations that grow inbound traffic and site value.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and develop SEO strategies and initiatives that deliver on growth goals
- Execute holistic SEO campaigns including supervising SEO friendly page construction, creating target keyword lists, improving site URL structure, improving link architecture, advising on on-page best practices for new and existing content
- Monitor competitive intel around SEO activities and create optimization plans to capture target audiences
- Perform technical site and content audits, providing analysis and recommendations for improvements
- Educate organization on SEO best practices and DIY opportunities, where applicable
- Contribute fresh ideas on techniques and improvements we can use to ensure Teachable is a top search result for intent-based search activity
- Suggest copy and image optimizations where appropriate
- Advise on new page construction during campaigns when necessary
- Respond to and solve site errors and bugs in partnership with our tech/infrastructure team when appropriate
- Own reporting on organic search performance and changes in rankings
- Manage technical aspects of SEO (sitemaps, robots files, canonicals, etc.)
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years working in a fast paced growth company
- Someone who has a proven track record and can walk us through the specifics of how they’ve optimized sites to-date, including results they’ve been able to achieve
- Intrinsic understanding of SEO tactics, including on-page, technical, off-page, industry best practices, current industry trends, and tactics to avoid
- Expert user of Google Analytics
- Expertise implementing and using third-party enterprise SEO tools
- Ability to influence stakeholders and change behavior
- Highly analytical
- Organizational savvy and an ability to work across functions, companies and cultures
- The self-starter mindset of an IC but a love for collaborating with the team at large
- Familiarity with WordPress and other CMS platforms
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the base salary range is $90,000 – $100,000. Total compensation also includes a competitive benefits package and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, education, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay.