Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop you will tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human
What’s the role?
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join Etsy’s Payments & Risk team.
As a Senior UX Researcher on Etsy’s Product Research team, you will work in partnership with product managers, designers, engineers, and alongside other researchers and data scientists to deliver insights that will craft the future of human commerce on Etsy.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Research Lead for all of Marketplace Services Product org and the base salary range will be 126,000-164,000 USD per year. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the United States. You will have the option to work office-based, flex or remotely. Candidates living within commutable distance of the Etsy Brooklyn Hub, or within the San Francisco area, may be the first to be considered. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our Flex and Office-based work modes and workplace safety policies here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
The Payments team at Etsy is committed to creating and maintaining a resilient, frictionless and scalable payments platform. Available in 43 countries, Etsy Payments enables buyers and sellers to transact in 19 currencies and offers 12 different methods to pay for items on our site. Through the use of our payments products and services, our buyers are enabled to purchase with ease and confidence and our sellers are empowered to manage and grow their businesses.T his team works across product, marketing, and business operations and is made up of key partners in Product, Design, Analytics, Engineering, Marketing, Business Ops, Member Services, and more.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Partner with team members to guide product development and refinement, drawing on expertise in user research and UX standards
- Independently define project scope and apply appropriate methodologies to manage a research “portfolio” of foundational and evaluative insights
- Conduct remote, on-site, and in-field user research studies with Etsy buyers and sellers
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations on a regular basis, to encourage marketplace health and drive Etsy’s business goals
- Promote proven research methodologies for across the company
- Manage third-party research vendors (e.g., research agencies, moderators) as needed
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of a range of research approaches, balancing speed and precision
- Experience conducting UX research, employing methods such as in-depth user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Experience leading research at different parts of the product development process, from discovery to delivery
- Engaging storyteller and clear communicator, with the ability to hold your own in a meeting and present research findings with a customer-centric perspective
- Ambitious, meticulous, and able to balance multiple projects at a time
- Subject matter expertise and experience working on e-comm services, ideally payments services
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you’d like. As we hope you’ve seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We’re open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.