Over 90,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Tax will lead a dynamic and growing tax team at a passionate organization that knows great people make us who we are! As part of the leadership team, you will help drive the tax department initiatives at 1Password and work with other members of the Finance team. Our goal is to continue creating a center of excellence over all things tax!
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and United States.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or equivalent work experience
- A CPA designation
- 10 plus years of experience, preferably in the software industry with some public accounting experience
- Experience managing teams
- Knowledge of tax technical areas (US corporate, international tax, M&A, indirect tax, transfer pricing) with the skill of taking a complex concept and distilling the topic to a form that is easily consumed by the organization (i.e. non-finance)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, including cross functionally
- A positive roll-up-your sleeves can do attitude with the heart of a team player
What you can expect:
- Manage and be responsible for all global tax compliance including: US, UK, NL, CA corporate income, US State and Sales tax, Canadian HST/GST/PST/QST, and global VAT remittance, etc.
- Oversee the global income tax provision process, identify local country tax issues, book/tax differences, financial statement disclosures, etc
- Manage, investigate, and resolve any tax authority notifications, domestic and international
- Oversee the completion and review of all transfer pricing documentation requirements, including preparation or review of the transfer pricing calculations
- Lead continuous process improvements to optimize tax/business functions
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
– Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
– Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
– Employee Stock Options Program
– Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
– Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
– Paid parental leave programs
– Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
– Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.