Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, the Senior Manager of Talent Development, Talent Management will be responsible for developing, supporting, and evaluating key talent management resources, including but not limited to competency frameworks, performance enablement frameworks and processes, talent calibration processes, talent assessment and consultation, career development, succession planning and pipeline development, and talent data analysis, reporting, and optimization.
The Senior Manager of Talent Development, Talent Management will have experience in talent management leadership, consultation, design, build, implementation, iteration, and measurement in highly dynamic and ambiguous contexts. You will work closely with partners and stakeholders across the enterprise to develop and deliver talent management solutions that will strengthen Mailchimp’s culture, support a diverse, highly talented workforce, and drive high organizational performance and strategic excellence.
What you’ll do here:
- In partnership with the Director of Talent Development, define and refine talent management strategies and experiences
- Iterate on and operationalize talent management strategy using Design Thinking and Agile toolkits and pulling from and moving beyond best practices
- Evolve and optimize a holistic employee development and performance enablement experience, processes, and resources, including continuous iteration on employee and manager support materials for processes and technologies
- Lead iteration and scale of talent calibration activities for people leaders that foster alignment around performance enablement, identify top talent, accelerate their development, build our talent pipeline, and enable equitable and inclusive talent practices
- Partner with People Partners to facilitate talent review process
- Partner with Director of Talent Development to develop regular Talent Strategy presentations for the Executive Leadership Team
- Lead the build, scale, and operationalization of holistic talent advancement and succession planning practices and processes
- In partnership with Senior Talent Development Manager, Organizational Learning, lead Top Talent development strategy and programming
- Lead creation of career development frameworks, including career matrices and career experience maps, in collaboration with People teams; partner with teams across the People and Culture department to ensure that talent experiences, including internal hiring and internal growth programs, are inclusive and align with employee career experience north stars
- In partnership with People Partners, ensure the adoption and effective outcome- and experience-focused execution of talent management processes
- In partnership with People Partners, provide consultation, thought leadership, and coaching to leaders at all levels on talent management practices
- Provide consultative support to People Partners in the areas of performance enablement, career pathing, job competencies, and change management to ensure successful execution of process and projects
- Develop and lead high performing talent management team.
- Approximately 15-25% travel may be required.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 7+ years of experience in talent management, talent development, HR, or equivalent field
- You have 3+ years of experience building and managing a diverse and inclusive team
- You have a proven track record of building (designing, executing, operationalizing, and scaling) talent management strategies and measuring their impact
- You have demonstrated expertise in building (designing, delivering, and driving engagement in) competency frameworks, career matrices, and career experience maps
- You have experience developing and delivering high impact succession plans and practices and leadership pipelines
- You have proven change management and change management consulting experience
- Your talent management perspective is rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion and prioritizes the employee experience
- You have proven success partnering across HR and enterprise functions and creating effective partnerships at all levels of the organization
- You have demonstrated business acumen and holistic business perspective, collaborating at a broad strategic level while executing with speed and quality
- You have demonstrated enthusiasm for working in ambiguous business environments
- You are adept at managing and effectively prioritizing multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, outcome-driven, time-critical, highly dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- You have project and program management skills and drive deadlines on multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- You have demonstrated empowering, inclusive management style that optimizes highly capable talent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The target base salary for this role is $129,000 to $155,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.