SurveyMonkey is a global leader in online surveys and forms that empowers people with the insights they need to make decisions with speed and confidence. Our fast, intuitive feedback management platform connects millions of users worldwide with real-time AI-powered insights that drive meaningful decisions. We provide answers to more than 20 million questions every day so that people and organizations can attract new audiences, delight customers, create advocates, and extend their competitive advantage in the marketplace. Our vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at surveymonkey.com.
What we’re looking for
The Content Experience team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for solving complex, challenging problems and who can work remotely with the main team in California. We manage the content website, build the brand, content-creation, and localization tools for multiple products, run A/B tests, and work with cross-functional partners to grow our business.
We’re excited to provide a collaborative and supportive environment as you learn more about our team and SurveyMonkey at large.
What you’ll be working on
- Help grow SurveyMonkey’s business by optimizing the website experience, extending component libraries, running experiments, improving the content authoring and management experience, and expanding our international presence
- Contribute to technical specs, write readable code, monitor post-release metrics, and present technology demos
- Work with product owners on feature sets that impact platform, services, and frameworks
- Develop modular packages, components, APIs, and frameworks
- Write robust and testable code, define APIs, build automation tools, troubleshoot issues, and perform code reviews
We’d love to hear from people with
- 5+ years of professional programming experience pushing production-quality code
- Good command of web standards, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience contributing to a culture of code reviews, tech spec writing, collaboration, and mentorship
Nice to have
- Experience working with headless content management systems
- Experience with design systems, responsive designs, Web experimentation, TypeScript, GraphQL, accessibility, localization, and visualization
- Experience with server-side and client-side technologies (e.g., rendering)
- Experience building, provisioning, deploying, and maintaining large web applications running at scale
- Experience with agile, test-driven development, builds, and frequent deployments
Why SurveyMonkey? We’re glad you asked
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. We’re building an inclusive workplace where people of every background can excel no matter their time zone. At SurveyMonkey, we weave employee feedback into everything we do to create forward-looking benefits policies, employee programs, and an award-winning culture, including best workplace for parents, our annual holiday refresh, our annual week of service, and our C.H.O.I.C.E Fund. In addition, we’ve reimagined the way we work to allow employees to choose what works best for them — working in-person, fully remote, or a hybrid model that combines the two through our Choice Model.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.