At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link or scan – to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every interaction into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
Bitly is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on Senior Social Media Manager who leans into exciting opportunities across our social media channels. You are someone who comfortable setting social media strategy as well as executing to build a strong social media presence. You will be responsible for enhancing engagement, driving traffic, improving brand awareness, engage in communities and drive traffic and overall conversions to btily. You’ll also be the the first-line voice of Bitly. You’re someone who has a ton of energy and a very curious mindset. You must know how to communicate with our audience in a way that intrigues, attracts and keeps them engaged. A high-performing Senior Social Media Manager will be able to capture attention, engage readers and inspire action.
This role will report directly to the Director of Growth Marketing in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do
- Create and share engaging content with our audience on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other channels.
- Build a social media strategy and look for some non-standard ways to grow Bitly’s presence even further
- Leverage social media for PR opportunities and company announcements
- Engage with our audience every day and contribute to discussions with the larger community.
- Manage and drive the social media content calendar
- Review analytics and able to make informed decisions based on KPIs
- Curate new content ideas by looking for connections between the real-world and the business
- Run experiments to optimize social media posts.
Who You Are
- 5-8 years social media experience in full-funnel marketing – from writing compelling content to owning the organic and paid strategies
- Strong understanding of social media KPIs
- Fluent with social platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube)
- You are fluent in written English with exceptional copywriting skills, correct grammar, and an appreciation for the power of tone, brevity, and microcopy.
- You have an understanding of how visuals and design play into social posting.
- Comfortable with appearing in front of a live audience and communicating with them (via live streams, potential videos etc).
- Customer First.We are fiercely committed to our customer’s success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast-growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data-driven decisions
- E.S.P.E.C.T.We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to.We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try.We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance
- Voluntary Legalshield and IDShield for your protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and work from home policies
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Union Station, and San Francisco’s SOMA district
- Quarterly Hack week
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities
- Dog and bike friendly
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here. (https://bitly.is/CCPACandidates)
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.