SurveyMonkey is a global leader in online surveys and forms that empowers people with the insights they need to make decisions with speed and confidence. Our fast, intuitive feedback management platform connects millions of users worldwide with real-time AI-powered insights that drive meaningful decisions. We provide answers to more than 20 million questions every day so that people and organizations can attract new audiences, delight customers, create advocates, and extend their competitive advantage in the marketplace. Our vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at surveymonkey.com.
What we’re looking for
SurveyMonkey has built a sustainable growth engine. We have over 600M+ website visitors, 17M+ Free users, ~900K paying users, a footprint in 345K+ organizations, from your local restaurants to 95% of the Fortune 500. We amplify the voices of a billion people across the globe every year. On the backs of an amazing product suite and a multi-channel go-to-market strategy, we have also built an amazing business with sustained growth, industry-leading gross-margins, high cash flow generation, and world-class retention. And we are only looking to accelerate our delivery of excellence.
As SurveyMonkey continues its journey to $1B+ in revenue, it is looking for a Sr. Manager, SEO to lead our search engine optimization efforts and drive organic growth for SurveyMonkey.com. You will build and lead a team of data-driven SEO professionals and play a pivotal role in enhancing our company’s online visibility, attracting organic traffic, and contributing to its overall digital marketing success.
What you’ll be working on:
- Develop and execute comprehensive global SEO strategies to improve organic search visibility and rankings, drive targeted traffic, and achieve business goals.
- Lead and manage a team of in-house SEO specialists and managers, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Conduct in-depth keyword research, competitor analysis, and market research to identify opportunities and trends.
- Analyze website performance data using tools like Google Analytics and SEMrush to identify areas for improvement and growth.
- Ensure technical SEO best practices are implemented, including site structure and speed, crawlability, and mobile optimization.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, content strategists, and designers to optimize on-page elements and create SEO-friendly web experiences.
- Stay updated with industry trends, search engine algorithm updates, and best practices to stay ahead of the competition.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators related to organic search traffic, rankings, and conversion rates. Generate regular reports and presentations to communicate progress and present insights to stakeholders.
- Build strategy and oversee execution for link building, outreach, and partnerships to enhance domain authority and off-page SEO efforts.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Proven experience as an SEO professional with 8+ years in progressively responsible roles, preferably in either a high volume Product Led Growth software company or a consumer e-commerce company.
- Strong leadership and team management skills with 3+ years leading an in-house SEO team focused on developing and mentoring team members
- Expertise in storytelling; creating and delivering impactful presentations
- Experience in SEO strategies and leading teams responsible for multiple localized sites
- Expertise SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs, and others
- Expertise in Content Management platforms such as WordPress backend with a proven track record of optimizing high-performing websites that deliver business growth.
- In-depth knowledge of on-page and technical SEO best practices, algorithm updates, and industry trends.
- Proficiency in data analysis, issue identification, and using data-driven insights to optimize strategies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of driving organic search growth and improving key performance metrics.
The base pay provided for this position ranges from $134,895 / year – $182,505 / year depending on the geographic market and assuming a full-time schedule. Actual base pay is based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, education or training, skills, and experience.
Bonuses and commissions may also be offered as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.