At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or meetings.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join Our Team…
GoDaddy is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to apply their hands-on technical skills, strong leadership abilities, and an eagerness to design solutions to sophisticated problems. You must be comfortable communicating to collaborators, performing security assessments, prioritizing security risks, and crafting/communicating high-quality deliverables.
What you’ll get to do…
- Identify security threats in applications and infrastructure and provide remediation mentorship to system owners
- Join forces with SRE and development teams to find new and creative ways to reduce the occurrence of vulnerabilities at scale
- Build repeatable/reusable security processes and frameworks
- Review quality issues and work towards detecting security flaws both obvious and discrete
- Assist with prioritizing prospective projects, participating in projects from kickoff through “definition of done” via end-to-end ownership
- Use your experience to own and drive resolution and retesting of security events, policy questions and technical security risks
Your experience should include…
- 10+ years of dynamic security engineering experience with expertise in multiple security domains included but not limited to Security Architecture, Cryptography, Network Security, Cloud Security, Mobile Security and Web Security
- Problem-solver with excellent communication skills, a deep technical understanding of security engineering standard methodologies
- Experience in Secure Development Lifecycle and Shift Left with a Security by Design methodology
- Scripting skills (e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, or PowerShell)
- Experience applying security engineering standard methodologies that align with security and privacy compliance requirements
You might also have…
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Hosting industry and/or cloud Experience
- Experience in hardware security
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
We’ve got your back… We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us… GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy.
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to [email protected].