Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Location: US remote-friendly
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Search organization is looking for talented infrastructure engineers to help us expand beyond the front page and better connect users to the specific content they care about. If you are curious, excited about designing search infrastructure and motivated by having an impact on a platform that creates community and belonging for its users, we want to hear from you.
The quantity and diversity of content on Reddit is massive, so we’re looking for people with a background in infrastructure engineering or search engineering to help us scale and improve Reddit Search. You’ll be working with a variety of internal teams across Engineering, Search Relevance, Machine Learning, and NLP to revolutionize content discovery on the internet.
- Architect and develop Search Infrastructure to support new capabilities and improvements in Search Relevance
- Ownership over existing Search Infrastructure and Services, driving stability, uptime, and performance
- Automate operation, installation and monitoring of search ecosystem components in our open source infrastructure stack; specifically: Solr, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes, and the Prometheus observability suite
- Engage in OS, JVM, and hardware level optimizations to drive search performance and infrastructure efficiency
- Troubleshoot and debug search ecosystem run-time issues
- 5+ years of experience as an infrastructure engineer developing production code
- A strong understanding and experience working with the JVM (java virtual machine)
- Strong experience managing Solr
- Experience working with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with setting up, maintaining, and debugging production systems and infrastructure
- Strong understanding of observability best practices
- Experience with container technologies and scheduling platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of data infrastructure and streaming technologies
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.