We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people.
Who You Are: A Proactive, Hands On, Fearless Outbound Sales Leader
We are looking for a Senior Sales Manager to join our growing SMB sales team!! This is an unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup early and to make a meaningful impact in a lead role.
As Senior Sales Manager, you will blend your talent for people development and operational sales knowledge to drive results. In this role, you will hire, manage and motivate, optimize existing outbound sales motions, and be responsible for team metrics for 6-8 direct reports. You will hire, train and mentor account executives and sales team members to develop a high-performing team.
How You’ll Contribute:
As a direct report to the VP of Sales, you will be tasked with optimizing the outbound sales motions and teams. Strategy will be set, and execution and optimization is the core job function.
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Coach, mentor, and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based sales skills
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of 6-8 sales professionals
- Training sales motion adaptation
- Work with Sales Ops to measure your team metrics
- Be in office three days a week for 8 hours a day.
- Be accountable for increasing revenue and scaling the team
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization with marketing and customer success, to develop solutions that meet client needs
- Showcase results and improvement in performance through dashboard and key metrics.
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have successfully led sales, existing business, and operations in an early stage, high-growth SaaS technology environment. You have experience successfully navigating complex enterprise sales cycles and buying committees and still have the ability to jump on calls to assist your team.
While we don’t expect you to join WellSaid as an AI expert, you are a tech enthusiast/creative at heart. This is a key requirement to become a contributing member of WellSaid. Our customers are creating next-generation content, experiences, and products, and you will be there supporting them to achieve their creative goals.
You also have some combination of the following:
- Have shown success creating an outbound motion and current with latest sales tactics and methodology.
- 8+ years of sales management experience
- 8+ years of technology sales experience
- 3+ years of outbound motion experience
- Passion for and commitment to using technology ethically, for good
- Ability to hire, train, and coach a high-performance sales team
- Ability to build relationships with strategic client and industry thought leaders
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Prior experience at a growth stage technology company
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules – work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
As a startup, we strive to be externally competitive with companies at a similar size and stage, and internally fair in our pay practices. The hiring salary range for this role is $140,000 – $160,000, and represents the target offer range given the scope and experience expectations for this role.
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An initial “phone” screen with the hiring manager (45 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the team members you will be potentially working with.
- Final In-Person Interview with the VP of Sales
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel set up for success in our process.